Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old May 20, 2014, 03:12 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Waterfield Designs Debuts 'Mac Pro Go Case' for Transporting 2013 Mac Pro

Waterfield Designs today introduced its new Mac Pro Go Case, a bag designed to transport the 2013 Mac Pro and necessary accessories. Created from padded ballistic nylon, the case is designed to fit snugly around Apple's newest desktop computer.

The case cushions the Mac Pro with both internal padding and a plush liner, and there's a heavy duty plastic plate to protect the bottom of the computer. An accessories pocket able to hold add-ons like a mouse, cables, and power cord fits on top of the bag and a side pocket has room for an Apple wireless keyboard.

Quote:
Just in time for the Apple World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC14), WaterField Designs introduces the Mac Pro Go Case to keep the Apple powerhouse Mac Pro and accessories safe in transit. Perfect for travelling gamers, developers, video editors and any others who take their systems with them, the rugged case holds just about everything--the Mac Pro and Apple wireless keyboard plus computer accessories: a mouse, cables and power cord.
At 7.5 inches in diameter and 12 to 14-inches tall, the Mac Pro Go Case can be carried using a nylon grab handle or a removable suspension shoulder strap.

The Mac Pro Go Case, which comes in black to match the Mac Pro, can be ordered for $129 from SFBags.com.

Article Link: Waterfield Designs Debuts 'Mac Pro Go Case' for Transporting 2013 Mac Pro
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:17 PM   #2
needfx
macrumors 68030

it's definitely a mac pro pro now
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:21 PM   #3
Rudy69
macrumors 6502

Sounds like a great target for thieves. Otherwise probably a great way to carry your Mac Pro around
Rudy69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:22 PM   #4
irfaanfaki
macrumors member

Id love a Mac Pro. Even though I have 0 need for it.

Maybe the new Mac mini will look like a mini Mac Pro 😁……Or not.

Has there been any news on a new Mac mini that I may have missed ?
irfaanfaki is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

WOW, that case is awesome! I love how they have the keyboard on the side, and then they use the top of the Mac Pro for the mouse and other cables. Cool!
Old May 20, 2014, 03:26 PM   #6
drh64
macrumors newbie

60 cents of velcro securing a $10,000 computer...
no thanks...
drh64 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:31 PM   #7
Moonlight
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

Created from padded ballistic nylon,
Ballistic? Some explain how that is meaningful and not just a worthless buzz word.
Old May 20, 2014, 03:33 PM   #8
rbrian
macrumors 6502a

Looks like a pretty good case. I wonder how many people would have a use for it? Somebody who needs to move their computer, but has a screen at their destination. Could be good for hotels I suppose, but surely it would be better to take a laptop and not strain your neck looking at a screen up on the wall? Easier to slip a laptop into a suitcase too.

If it's between two fixed destinations, I'd have thought it would be better to have two computers, even if one of them is cheaper, and just carry a memory stick, or use cloud storage.
rbrian is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:38 PM   #9
thundersteele
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Ballistic? Some explain how that is meaningful and not just a worthless buzz word.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_nylon

Finally I can bring my Mac Pro to Starbucks. Now I just need a carrying case for the two 27'' TB displays...
thundersteele is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:45 PM   #10
Moonlight
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundersteele View Post

Finally I can bring my Mac Pro to Starbucks. Now I just need a carrying case for the two 27'' TB displays...
OK, so unless I am invading normandy beach, this is a buzz word.
Old May 20, 2014, 03:49 PM   #11
cube
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrian View Post
Looks like a pretty good case. I wonder how many people would have a use for it? Somebody who needs to move their computer, but has a screen at their destination. Could be good for hotels I suppose, but surely it would be better to take a laptop and not strain your neck looking at a screen up on the wall? Easier to slip a laptop into a suitcase too.

If it's between two fixed destinations, I'd have thought it would be better to have two computers, even if one of them is cheaper, and just carry a memory stick, or use cloud storage.
I have a Cube carrying bag.

I've never used it.
cube is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 03:56 PM   #12
JAT
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
OK, so unless I am invading normandy beach, this is a buzz word.
Pretty much. I've had "ballistic nylon" bags that fell apart in weeks, others that are ok after years.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
I have a Cube carrying bag.

I've never used it.
It's shaped to fit you?
Old May 20, 2014, 04:10 PM   #13
MLMcMillion
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh64 View Post
60 cents of velcro securing a $10,000 computer...
no thanks...
You've clearly never used a Waterfield product.
MLMcMillion is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 04:14 PM   #14
macduke
macrumors 68040

This will be an excellent addition for the next time I go backpacking in the Andes. I just hope they make a version with a water bottle holder.
macduke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 05:16 PM   #15
ikir
macrumors 6502a

Nice idea
Old May 20, 2014, 05:33 PM   #16
rei101
macrumors 6502a

The kind of "thing" you buy and use it once and that's it. The rest is collecting dust in your closet or... as a nice beach bag.
rei101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 06:00 PM   #17
RightMACatU
macrumors 6502a

Hummm nice... I wonder if the bag could be used as a cooler bag to carry beers on ice at a BBQ?
RightMACatU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 06:19 PM   #18
BruceEBonus
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to BruceEBonus
Where does the 29" monitor fit?

Or do you just carry it to a friends?

Or to your work?.
BruceEBonus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 06:44 PM   #19
Akzel
macrumors regular

Has anyone ever transported a Mac Pro through airport security? I wonder if this weird black cylinder that doesn't look like a 'computer' might raise some eybrows… I want to transport a Mac Pro during an international flight but I am unsure how smooth it would go…
Akzel is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 06:47 PM   #20
sailmac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMcMillion View Post
You've clearly never used a Waterfield product.
Second that.

My Waterfield case has been excellent. They've given me top-notch customer service and support, too.

This nMP case looks like a good design. If it turns out to not be, have confidence Waterfield will take care of its customers.
sailmac is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 07:32 PM   #21
Mattsasa
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Mattsasa
Good! Now I can take my Mac Pro with me camping and canoeing....
Mattsasa is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 08:01 PM   #22
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrian View Post

This isn't the first time a Mac Pro needed to be transported.

You or I may never need it... but somebody does

Last edited by Michael Scrip; May 20, 2014 at 08:07 PM.
Michael Scrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 08:21 PM   #23
Revearti
macrumors member

This company is awesome. I'll bet it'll be a solid case. I've bought all of my cases from them for the past few years.

Made in USA. Solid quality. Good customer service. They even customized a case for me because I wanted something removed.

The Racer-X laptop bag was my biggest purchase, and I love it!
Revearti is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 08:59 PM   #24
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Appears to be a real nice, well-thought-out product, and I'm sure it'll be the cats meow for some people, but realistically, how many of these do they hope to sell? Moreover, if they can find a way to quickly detach the Alu stand from iMacs, why not follow this with a carrying case specifically designed for those desktops?

Perhaps I'm way off on this one, but wouldn't the vast majority of Pro owners leave their expensive desktops safely at home or the office, connected to their expensive displays and servers, and travel instead with their rMBPs and flash- or portable drives?

Last edited by macs4nw; May 20, 2014 at 09:06 PM.
macs4nw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2014, 09:47 PM   #25
henzpwnapple
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundersteele View Post

hahahaha.. good catch. Or you just need to bring a HDMI and hook it up to their big screen on the wall..

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion