Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So, with WWDC 2014 just around the corner, it will soon be time to turn our attention to the future of Apple's operating systems. That being said, with iOS 7 and 7.1 having been what they've been so far, what are you hoping for in iOS 8?

Please, let's limit our wishlists to REALISTIC features that are technologically feasible.

That said, I'll start:

- Multiple User support for iPad/iPad Air, and iPad mini

- Ability to select third-party default applications (i.e. for e-mail, browsing, etc.)

- Support for third-party chat protocols in Messages (i.e. AIM, Yahoo, Gchat, Facebook)

- Wake-on-Alarm (device will boot for alarms; might not be feasible)

- Basic File Manager App for iPad/iPad Air, and iPad mini (technologically feasible, but unlikely for Apple to do this)

- Grand Central Dispatch for iOS (if not already present)

- iBooks App built-in (to iPads if not to iPhones/iPod touches as well)

- Photobooth for iPhone/iPod touch

- LinkedIn Integration

- Dropbox Integration

- Decreased Sync times in iTunes

I'll add more if I think of 'em. What are some of yours?

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
I'd like to see more apps in the sharing option. I'd like the ability to share my pictures to Instagram right from the photos app. I'd like to see the missed tab in NC gone, and the post to Facebook/twitter apps back in the NC. I'd also like to see an actual send button in the Messages app rather than just the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.