Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
Just got my a nMP 2 weeks ago and I love it, but it seems 10.9.3 broke something. Whenever I put the display to sleep, but leaving the nMP on, the screen refuses to wake up when I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard. I have to manually turn off the display and turn it back on. I'm using an Asus 27" through a miniDP to DP cable, but had 0 issues with this same situation prior to 10.9.3. Anyone having a similar issue or find a resolution?

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I have this similar issue occasionally with my 27" ACD, but I am on the cMP.

My work around is "disable the screen saver", which greatly reduce the occurrence.

It sounds like your situation is that happen every time. So my work around might not work for you.

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
Yeah, my issue is a bit different. I have a hot corner to put the display to sleep, which I use when I am away from my desk or am going to sleep. After the 10.9.3 update however, after I use the put display to sleep hot corner, the screen refuses to wake up, and I have to turn the display off and turn it back on for it to start working again.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Will this happen by using "CMD+Option+Eject" to sleep the monitor?

Or by the timer? (e.g. set "1 min" in "system preferences" -> "energy saving" -> "display sleep")

pstrudl

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2014
Austria
Same here! nMP 6c/1TBSSD/32GB and two Eizo Monitors, one connected via Thunderbolt/DVI adapter, the other is using Display Port. Sometimes but not always when I wake up the MacPro only the monitor which is connected through DVI appears the other one stays black. Yesterday I even saw the spinnig beach ball and no mouse or keyboard input worked. After disconnecting and reconnecting that monitor everything was ok.

lemonade-maker

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
Same here. I have four hp 27 inch displays. About half the time one or more dowsn't come back on. I use Display Menu to detect displays, works every time. I've been thinking of coming up with a key sequence.

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
It has the same issue whether I use the hot corner or Ctrl-Shift-Eject.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.