Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BzowK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Hey Guys -

After switching to an HTC One (Android) a couple of months ago, I retired my 4S. I just wanted a change and sure got one! I thought the other day that I'd like to switch between the two when I wanted to since they both take the same SIM. Unfortunatly, I'm having an issue with it...

The Issue
When I power the phone on, it stays at the Apple Logo - even overnight. I do know that it was on iOS 7.0.x and jailbroken - however - I can't get it to go back to the springboard and know that restoring firmware will wipe the jailbreak. I do have the SHSH blobs via TinyUmbrella / & Cydia, but last I heard you cannot restore newer iOSs with them

Here's What I've Tried So Far
- Ran "Exit Recovery" in TinyUmbrella (newest version) in both Recovery & DFU mode - no go
- Ran "Fix Recovery" (only works in DFU mode) - After clicking and confirming, nothing happened...
- Ran SemiRestore (newest version) - App wouldn't recognize iPhone in Recovery, DFU, or any other state

I'd really like to keep my jailbreak if at all possible so am hoping that there's a method I'm not remembering or tool that's come along while I've been out of the scene for a while that can help.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Safe Mode?

Shut down. Press and hold Volume Up. Turn on phone. Keep holding volume up until you get to the lockscreen or springboard.

Use Cydia to uninstall any of the tweaks that may be a problem.

If you can't get to Safe Mode then likely something you've done to try and fix this has messed things up.

BzowK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Worked like a champ!

I never knew holding Up would start it in Safe Mode. Thanks!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Or... you could of just updated it to 7.1.2 (current firmware and runs better on older devices) and re-jailbroken with Pangu.

+1

Especially in the event 7.1.3 drops and closes the exploit.

7.1.X is buttery smooth, even jailbroken, compared to 7.0.X IMO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.