Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mich070

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Good afternoon guys,

I am an owner of an iphone 5 on ios 7.1.1 and since a few weeks, my screen is flickering for a few minutes and then later stoo again. It all started when i had 1 months ago ios 6 on my phone, then i updated it and it alread happened another time on ios7 and yesterdas 2 times.
I don't really know the reason for this, but do u think if i send it to my oparetor , that apple will switch my phone? Otherwise i will have to pay 50bucks to get the phone back, without that they didn't "repair" it.
What do u think? Did sby faced on time the same problem?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Good afternoon guys,

I am an owner of an iphone 5 on ios 7.1.1 and since a few weeks, my screen is flickering for a few minutes and then later stoo again. It all started when i had 1 months ago ios 6 on my phone, then i updated it and it alread happened another time on ios7 and yesterdas 2 times.
I don't really know the reason for this, but do u think if i send it to my oparetor , that apple will switch my phone? Otherwise i will have to pay 50bucks to get the phone back, without that they didn't "repair" it.
What do u think? Did sby faced on time the same problem?

Seems unlikely to be a software issue, most likely hardware.

My first iPhone 5 back in December 2012 had a flickering screen problem. This was accompanied by a horizontal line appearing across the bottom third of the screen. It was a bit like the keyboard glitch at the time but solid and could appear at anytime.

Anyway, I took it to an Apple store and they gave me a new iPhone, but it was within the warranty period of course.

Not sure what you question is, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.