Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AceC

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
My iPhone 5S lit up, but didn't show any notifications, not even after looking in the notification center on the phone. I was logged into fb on my computer and got a notification on the computer at the same time my phone lit up, so I'm sure that's what triggered my phone to light up.

However, why did it only light up, and not give any notification on my phone?

Last edited:

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I know that in gmail, if you get an email and you check it on your computer or other device, the notification on the lockscreen disappears. Maybe something similar happened with Facebook.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I know that in gmail, if you get an email and you check it on your computer or other device, the notification on the lockscreen disappears. Maybe something similar happened with Facebook.

I'm thinking something like this. iMessage is the same way on a Mac. If you put the iMessage app in foreground it will disappear off the notifications. Time it right and the screen will light up but no notifications.

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014
Go under settings in the Facebook app and check whats up with the notifications, cant rememeber what setting of the top of my head but the Facebook app on the Android has a setting about showing a "light flashing" notification or what ever you setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.