Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applereviewguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Okay, so I bought 2 Mac Pro's for a total of $275. Both came with 7300GT's, and one of them came with a 250GB, 3GB RAM, and an optical drive. They both are 1,1's, and both have the same stock configuration.

The one of them they couldn't seem to get working, but they didn't know what was wrong. I decided to buy it anyway. The Mac Pro (let's call it MP1) is the computer that is running. I'm writing this on it right now. MP2 is the one that doesn't run. I swapped all the components except CPU and Logic board from MP1, and I still couldn't get MP2 to boot. As far as diagnostic LED's go, MP2 has a yellow light under trickle power, and has no light under GPU detected, and has a green light under the EFI light. Is the logic board dead? It doesn't start in Hurricane mode either. Any tests I can run on it?

Anything helps!

(EDIT: also, I checked both the 7300GT's and they both work in MP1. I also swapped the risers from MP1 to MP2)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.