Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old May 29, 2014, 05:26 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

'Infinity Blade II' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

Chair's hit sequel Infinity Blade II has been named Apple's App of the Week and as a result, it is free to download for the second time since its initial 2011 release.

Created as a followup to the original Infinity Blade game, Infinity Blade II has enhanced graphics with detailed environments, character textures, and ambient light touches like sharper shadows and atmospheric effects.

The Infinity Blade series is known for its impressive graphics, action RPG gameplay, gesture-based combat and console-quality experience. In addition to improved graphics, Infinity Blade II also offers deeper character customization and new styles of combat.
Quote:
The God King has been defeated, an unlikely hero has emerged and now you must discover the truth behind the secrets of the Infinity Blade. The continuing journey of young Siris unfolds as you delve deeper into the world of the Deathless tyrants and their legion of Titans. Can you unlock all the mysteries and successfully wield the power of the Infinity Blade in this timeless swordplay adventure of champions and villains?
The third and final game in the Infinity Blade series, Infinity Blade III, is also available at the discounted price of $2.99 for a limited time.

Infinity Blade II can be downloaded from the App Store at no cost for the next week. [Direct Link]

Infinity Blade III can be downloaded from the App Store for $2.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Infinity Blade II' Named App of the Week, Available for Free
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2
larrylaffer
macrumors 6502

Console quality experience?

Puh-leaze.
larrylaffer is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 05:31 PM   #3
jonnysods
macrumors 68030

Is it worth downloading guys?
jonnysods is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 05:36 PM   #4
SimonTheSoundMa
macrumors 6502a

Isn't this app normally free?
SimonTheSoundMa is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 05:37 PM   #5
kwokaaron
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
Infinity Blade II can be downloaded from the App Store at no cost for the next week.
Your link is broken.
Old May 29, 2014, 06:05 PM   #6
nikko1423
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTheSoundMa View Post
No, it is not

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysods View Post
YES, it is. IFIII is even better. However, IFII has a definite glitch/workaround thing that lets you get basically infinite money. Once you do it, you'll know why IFIII doesn't have that.
nikko1423 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 06:23 PM   #7
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

When I first saw the title I thought it was infinity blade III.... Anyway I got the II some time before when it was free or $0.99.
Old May 29, 2014, 06:50 PM   #8
pdaholic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTheSoundMa View Post
It was free at one point previously; I realized I had downloaded it before, and I know it was free because I can honestly say I've never spent money on an iOS game!
pdaholic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 06:54 PM   #9
MrCornfed
macrumors newbie

Quote:
If guys are your thing, of course!
MrCornfed is offline   15 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 07:09 PM   #10
The Doctor11
macrumors 68040

Wait wait wait let me get this straight... Apple practically sponsored Infinity Blade 3 by giving them a iPhone 5s a head of time and what not and now months and months and months later Infinity Blade 2 is app of the week... If anything would be the app of the week shouldn't it be Infinity blade 3. And didn't the Infinity blade train leave back in September?

----------

Quote:
I dont know haven't played it cuz I just think it looks stupid. I will not be downloading it. But its free so it cant be not worth downloading

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCornfed View Post
If guys are your thing, of course!
Lol you made a funny. But im sure there are other good reasons for downloading it. Like its optimized for 64 bit...oh wait thats infinity blade 3. Well you can hit crap... There thats a great reason to download it. You can hit crap with swords
The Doctor11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Cuban Missles
macrumors 6502a

I downloaded it and have been playing with it for about 30 minutes. Very nice game in terms of graphics. Not really my style of gaming (kill everything and move on), but for what it is, it certainly shows what is possible on the iPad. Great job, now bring this and other games to the Apple TV please.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 29, 2014, 07:40 PM   #12
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Great series of games. Not so great that the company could barely survive making them. Sad that there aren't any as good as quality either.
Old May 29, 2014, 07:46 PM   #13
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor11 View Post
I dont know haven't played it cuz I just think it looks stupid. I will not be downloading it. But its free so it cant be not worth downloading
Nonsense, you're devaluing your time spent clicking the link and downloading it, plus the cost of the bandwidth and storage on your device. Nope, even if the list price is $0, it's still too much for me to bother. (Writing this post on the other hand... it's worth my time. More entertaining to write it than to download IB2.)
Old May 29, 2014, 08:06 PM   #14
JosephAW
macrumors regular

They need a lite version with a smaller footprint.
JosephAW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 09:15 PM   #15
TantalizedMind
macrumors 6502a

Infinity Blade is a great series. I owned the first one on my iPhone 4. I didn't think that phone could handle II let along III so I never downloaded them... until last night. I bought a 5S a few weeks back. And I really only use my iPhone for web browsing, calls and photography so I don't download many games at all. But I bought Infinity Blade III last night for $2.99. Same gameplay mechanics as the first game (that I've noticed so far) but after killing 4-5 enemies their HP is crazy.

I should do some googling. I believe I heard once that you can/are supposed to upload your Infinity Blade II character into III. So maybe that's why enemies start at level 20+ while you are a level 1....

Anyway.. Last night after I bought III, I looked up II and saw it was $6.99. Today, IT'S FREE! I'm downloading it right away. Even though I won't be playing it for a while because Mario Kart 8 comes out tomorrow!!!! Wooohooooo!! Let's a go!
TantalizedMind is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 12:04 AM   #16
spyguy10709
macrumors 6502a

Thumbs down

Quote:
Wait wait wait let me get this straight... Apple practically sponsored Infinity Blade 3 by giving them a iPhone 5s a head of time and what not and now months and months and months later Infinity Blade 2 is app of the week... If anything would be the app of the week shouldn't it be Infinity blade 3. And didn't the Infinity blade train leave back in September?

----------

----------

Lol you made a funny. But im sure there are other good reasons for downloading it. Like its optimized for 64 bit...oh wait thats infinity blade 3. Well you can hit crap... There thats a great reason to download it. You can hit crap with swords

WOOSH.
That's the sound of it all going over your head.
1. wut... uhm.. ok..??
2. "if it's free it cannot be worth downloading" - that's it guys, pack up shop, this guy says it's not worth downloading!!
3. He made a joke about the PUNCTUATION. He didn't call the game "gay" or whatever you're trying to make a joke about...

Please remember your forum etiquette...
Last edited by spyguy10709; Tomorrow at 07:10 AM.
spyguy10709 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 01:41 AM   #17
JackieInCo
macrumors 68000

So the game normally costs money PLUS has IAP? No.
JackieInCo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 07:03 AM   #18
Nevaborn
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieInCo View Post
So the game normally costs money PLUS has IAP? No.
The IAP is only in game money for players to progress quicker. if reading the descriptions this is more the ultimate edition of the game now as the latest version includes all the updates already installed in it.
Old May 30, 2014, 08:05 AM   #19
BJMRamage
macrumors 68000

Crap...I already have the first and second versions...I got them free a while back. I was hoping this was IB 3...but that would be too crazy to do.

I played Infinity Blade II on the 5S for a couple of days...wasn't bad, but wasn't worth too much more of my time. I am not into this style of game but if I was these look pretty cool.
BJMRamage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 08:56 AM   #20
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

Not enough room on iPhone :/

TouchMint.com is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 09:30 AM   #21
the8thark
macrumors 68040

Quote:
No you have it wrong.
Apple is discounting the n-1 Infinity Blade. As in one before the latest. I got IB1 for free after IB2 launched. It's a great way to move older games in the series and if people like it they'll get the newer version. I did that but I liked IB1 (for free) so I paid for IB3. And now with IB2 free for a week I grabbed it just now also.

So the company got one paid sale (IB3) out of me when if not for the free IB1 they would have gotten no paid sales from me.
Old May 30, 2014, 09:31 AM   #22
GeneralChang
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylaffer View Post
Console quality experience?

Puh-leaze.
Hecks yes! Consoles were MADE for the 4 screen!
GeneralChang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 10:26 PM   #23
Stella
macrumors 603

Quote:
Nice graphics, shame about the game play. Very repetitive and on rails.

Its a great graphical demo that pushed the graphical capabilities of the most recent iOS device at the time of release.
Old May 31, 2014, 08:59 PM   #24
jonnysods
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
Nice graphics, shame about the game play. Very repetitive and on rails.

Its a great graphical demo that pushed the graphical capabilities of the most recent iOS device at the time of release.
I ended up playing for a few minutes and deleted it, it was as you said.

Really nice looking though!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:58 PM   #25
flux73
macrumors 6502a

Don't think of it as a game. Think of it more as an elaborate demo that shows what's possible in the near future. Think Apple TV with a game controller. Sure, if you think in terms of pure performance, it may not compete with the PS4 or Xbox One, but it doesn't need to. Not with Apple's massive developer community. Games are improved far more with better stories and better gameplay, than with improved graphic detail and physics engines. Witness the popularity of Clash of Clans.
flux73 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion