Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AHHHHHHHA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2014
This thing is giving me a headache.

The "other" data is due to videos that I added that must not have been probably synched or something because that's the only thing I added.

After I add all my movies/tv shows, I see the "other" data jump from 800mb to over 2GB.

I must've restored the ipod half a dozen times already to get rid of the other data.

Is there an easier way? Restoring + adding all my stuff back onto it is time consuming

ELMI0001

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009
Olympic Hills GC
This thing is giving me a headache.

The "other" data is due to videos that I added that must not have been probably synched or something because that's the only thing I added.

After I add all my movies/tv shows, I see the "other" data jump from 800mb to over 2GB.

I must've restored the ipod half a dozen times already to get rid of the other data.

Is there an easier way? Restoring + adding all my stuff back onto it is time consuming

I've had the same problem and have been solving my problem the same way as you. Someone pointed me to some Freeware but it didn't work as well as they claimed.

I hope someone else tells us about a solution.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
I restored my iPod touch yesterday to get rid of 3GB of OTHER on my 8GB iPod touch 4. It worked and I just re added all of my old apps. Btw I restored as new not restore from back up otherwise it would have reloaded the corrupt data right back on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.