Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Photo of the Day June 2014
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Quote with Thumbnails - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

*Photography forum tutorials - If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

Posting Photos to Photo forums from Flickr and ImageShack

How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit Posts

Restoring Thumbnails in Photo Quotes (AutoTIMG Extension and Code Editing)

For One-Click Access, they are all here: Designer Dale's Google Docs Folder

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post or download the Welcome file from HERE when you do. Both maintain all the formatting and links.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here**

A new month is upon us already. Here's one of Hanbury Hall from yesterday.
20140530-_DSC2668-Edit by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

Last edited:

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Ah, June...

wJdkf8d.jpg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Newly renovated civic space in the CBD of Adelaide, South Australia. A tilt-shift panorama, shifted left and right, tilted slightly for deeper focus throughout.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
First time doing this. But here it goes. Took it with my iPhone 5c using the hipstamatic app. View attachment 474401

There’s a first time for everything!

Look forward to seeing more.

I’ve just come back from the craziest trip of my life. Techincally work but I have a few shots that I should be able to whack in Flickr in due course!

Either way, here is one I have yet to post.

As always, comments appreciated!

Callum & Florrie by acearchie, on Flickr

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently

I’ve just come back from the craziest trip of my life. Techincally work but I have a few shots that I should be able to whack in Flickr in due course!

[url=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5158/14230578475_a5d500b8de_z.jpg]Image[/url]

this really gives me a brit movie feel (Human Traffic or This is England) crossed with Pulp Fiction's Jack Rabbit Slim's restaurant scene.

bowling alley/venue lighting has actually given great atmosphere and your models expressionless expressions are really something!! The clothes they're wearing also really work for the shot.

I do find this photo quite cinematographic and I would have preferred it in a wide screen format with black bars on top & bottom though

all in all a great shot!

----------

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - Bill Clinton

Vote now

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Another tilt-shift panorama from the recently renovated civic square in the CBD. Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia. I want to revisit this and the one from yesterday at night/twilight.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England

[url=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5158/14230578475_a5d500b8de_z.jpg]Image[/url]

That's really great. Good job!

Mine for the day.

14321052734_5737e05255_b.jpg

Fujifilm XE1 with XF35mm

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
iceberg, Newfoundland

we are starting to get a lot of these bergs float into our harbors even though it is June month, but you can never get tired of looking at the beauty of nature

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Iceberg

sorry i guess it would help to view the snap:D

Attachments

• DSCN0579.JPG
    DSCN0579.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 318

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

I like this. Looks like you took your kids out for a family mandatory fun day...

:)

----------

Photo of the Day June 2014
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Quote with Thumbnails - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

*Photography forum tutorials - If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

Posting Photos to Photo forums from Flickr and ImageShack

How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit Posts

Restoring Thumbnails in Photo Quotes (AutoTIMG Extension and Code Editing)

For One-Click Access, they are all here: Designer Dale's Google Docs Folder

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post or download the Welcome file from HERE when you do. Both maintain all the formatting and links.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here**

A new month is upon us already. Here's one of Hanbury Hall from yesterday.
[url=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2918/14131933439_735555c4f1_b.jpg]Image[/url]20140530-_DSC2668-Edit by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

Lovely shot but is it me or is it ever so slightly squinty?

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Just something to play with your head ...

5D2 , 24-105@105 , f9.5@1/6 , ISO 100

Brain......hurting......

Reminds me of this one I posted a while back

12432278884_8cbd403ef7_b.jpg

Hill with a tree on it in front of a building or upside down bank with a pond reflection.......

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Brain......hurting......

Reminds me of this one I posted a while back

Hill with a tree on it in front of a building or upside down bank with a pond reflection.......

Yours' faked me out totally when I saw it . My shot I stumbled upon on Friday as I was wandering around a nature preserve I'm a member of . Tried to take a shot then but it didn't work out owing to no tripod/slow shutter speed so I went back on Sunday to try again , this time properly equipped .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.