Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow-Man4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
I was just wondering: Is there a way to completely put the content of the MBA's screen onto the TV and close the MBA's screen?

I do not want to just mirror it, is there a way to turn off the MBA screen while connected to a TV? (I know I can do it by turning off brightness, but is there no other way to do it? I know HP laptops have that option..)

linjac951

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2014
I was just wondering: Is there a way to completely put the content of the MBA's screen onto the TV and close the MBA's screen?

I do not want to just mirror it, is there a way to turn off the MBA screen while connected to a TV? (I know I can do it by turning off brightness, but is there no other way to do it? I know HP laptops have that option..)

hit the apple on the upper left hand corner -> system preferences -> Displays -> hit the arrangement tab -> then drag the menu bar from your laptop to the hdtv-> uncheck mirror displays -> set the maximum resolution or a resolution you prefer for the hdtv. once done all put the lid down so its in clamshell.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I actually just set the lower right corner for "put display to sleep" and when I stream videos with Beamer (not a mirror like airplay) I can put the display to sleep and this does save some battery life. Also, I can still choose to surf the web or whatever when using Beamer as I'm not mirroring my display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.