Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
Ok, i've got some spots showing up in my pics, i'm guessing its just some dust, but where :rolleyes:

the_blob.jpg

kinda hard to see, but theres a blob in the circle, i did have another pic that showed a dozen or so at varying intensity but i can't find it. I dont think the small amount of dust on the end of the lens would do this, so it must be at the other end. The CCD looks good, at least i can't highlight any dust.

So err... any definitive awnser? or am i just going to have to clean the lot :eek:

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
beige matchbox said:
Ok, i've got some spots showing up in my pics, i'm guessing its just some dust, but where :rolleyes:

the_blob.jpg

kinda hard to see, but theres a blob in the circle, i did have another pic that showed a dozen or so at varying intensity but i can't find it. I dont think the small amount of dust on the end of the lens would do this, so it must be at the other end. The CCD looks good, at least i can't highlight any dust.

So err... any definitive awnser? or am i just going to have to clean the lot :eek:

Is the orb defect showing up in the same place in all / most of your photos? I assume the answer is yes, but I was just curious to see if there's something funking going on in certain light (I have no idea what - the only one I could think of would be a lens flair caused by sunlight) or if there might some other non-lens / CCD problem.

The equivilent of "is it plugged in" - You've cleaned the lens and this is still occuring? I would wonder about a dried water drop if you'd shot in a mist / rain recently.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
If you look closely enough the larger blob looks like an apple. Maybe it's a sign. :p

Passante

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
on the sofa
What type of camera do you have. If its a digital SLR then your have to clean your sensor. I have a Fuji S2 and have to clean the sensor now and then.

If its a fixed lens camera and its new I would return it.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
it's a 350D, i'll dig out another lens and see if i can get some spots to show up

If all else fails i'll give it all a scrub out with some soap and water :D (of course i'm joking, it'll be quicker with the hose)

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Hmmm. Remember all the weird aiprlanes and flying saucers you don't hear about? It looks like you have a camera that can see them (shhh. Don't tell anybody).

VAmin

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2004
I had a similar problem with a Canon SD500. The spot was showing up on every picture. I sent it in for warranty and I think they replaced the CCD. I still don't know what caused it (could pointing the camera at the sun do it?)

-Victor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.