Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmason

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Hertfordshire
Hi guys
currently run a late 2012 mac mini, can anyone recommend a decent webcam for Skype and FaceTime calls. Most of what I see in PC World are windows based and Maplin do not give any operating system suggestions.

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
Hi guys
currently run a late 2012 mac mini, can anyone recommend a decent webcam for Skype and FaceTime calls. Most of what I see in PC World are windows based and Maplin do not give any operating system suggestions.

There are a number of USB cams that work well, but recently I pulled on old iSight out of the closet just to see if it works, and it does just fine. I only need it for audio (screen share) but the cam still looks great. No need to get a mic just yet for my purpose.

Never thought I'd touch the Firewire port on this 2012 Mini, but... ;)

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
Hi guys

I tried Microsoft livecam. There is a mic on it so you can use it for audio/video chat. Superb image quality. I tried in Photo Booth, FaceTime, skype.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/webcams

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.