Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:24 AM   #1
arainert
macrumors member

Airport Extreme might be the first step towards the iHub...

My vision for the iHub:

Networked device using Airport Extreme (are they laying the foundation by intorducing this at MWSF?) that allows you to access you iTunes, iPhoto, etc... info from a device that connects to your A/V receiver. Simple remote navigation similar to the current iPod navigation. The device would also have a Superdrive allowing you to replace your CD/DVD player as well as burn DVDs. It's right there for Apple... will they do it?

This should not be a terribly expensive system as the OS running on it could be simple.

BTW, I'm going to be really upset if they release a video iPod - which is an absolute waste of time and money.
arainert is offline   0
Old Jan 12, 2003, 01:05 AM   #2
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
yes, a video iPod would be a waste. Just trying to enforce another standard in a place where everything's up in the air... I would love to see a media hub as well, but i think looking at Airport Extreme as a step towards that is reading into it too much. They probably just knew that 802.11g was going to take off soon, and they wanted to be on the bottom floor of it. Wi-fi technology does have many future implimentations, however, and a media hub could be one...

i think, however, that a true media hub would render the computer as we know it almost obsolete for consumers, they could do so much more with so much less, and we'll see the PC evolve over time into the hub, rather than spawn a separate device...

pnw
rainman::|:| is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers