Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
On my iPad2, the Camera app doesn't have any kind of pano functionality.

Do later iPad models have this? Have you tested the new functionality if they do?

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
Can't confirm in any way, but I would guess that they're not giving the iPad 2 that feature.

Although the chips in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s (which can take panoramas) are similar, there have been cases where they don't get the same feature set with new iOS releases. For example, FaceTime over cellular is supported on the 4s, but not the iPad 2 cellular models.

Trhodezy

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
Can't confirm in any way, but I would guess that they're not giving the iPad 2 that feature.

Although the chips in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s (which can take panoramas) are similar, there have been cases where they don't get the same feature set with new iOS releases. For example, FaceTime over cellular is supported on the 4s, but not the iPad 2 cellular models.

That is, as I believe, the case.

The iPad 2 will be limited (as will the 4S) in terms of features upon public release.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
On my iPad2, the Camera app doesn't have any kind of pano functionality.

Do later iPad models have this? Have you tested the new functionality if they do?

I'd REALLY like to know whether it works on the rMini and if it does, does it use dynamic exposure correction, as does the iPhone 5s. If it does, I'll upgrade my rMini in a heartbeat, even by losing the jailbreak. (Dynamic exposure-corrected sweep pano, as is implemented in the 5s, rules.)

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
I'd REALLY like to know whether it works on the rMini and if it does, does it use dynamic exposure correction, as does the iPhone 5s. If it does, I'll upgrade my rMini in a heartbeat, even by losing the jailbreak. (Dynamic exposure-corrected sweep pano, as is implemented in the 5s, rules.)

Again, can't confirm, but my guess is that the rMini will certainly support panorama, but may not support dynamic exposure correction, due to the iPad's inferior camera module, in comparison to the iPhone.

In saying that, the exposure correction might be accomplished through software, rather than hardware (I don't know), in which case it should be able to, since the rMini and the 5s share the same chip (the A7).

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Works great on my Air so I'm guessing that the rMini will support it because they pretty much have the same hardware.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 172
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.