Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
London
I saw posts where people disable autocorrect to remove predictive text, well now you don't have to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 314

utyankee

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
You can also hold and swipe up and down on the predictive text bar to hide it.

parisi2274

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
You can also hold and swipe up and down on the predictive text bar to hide it.

You know, I have to say it is very hard to hide that predictive text bar and then get it back up.

I swiped down on it with no problem, but when I was trying to get it back up, it was not popping up. I finally got it back, but I had to slowly place my finger over the gray sliver that is the hidden bar and then swipe up, and that brought back the predictive txt bar.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
You know, I have to say it is very hard to hide that predictive text bar and then get it back up.

I swiped down on it with no problem, but when I was trying to get it back up, it was not popping up. I finally got it back, but I had to slowly place my finger over the gray sliver that is the hidden bar and then swipe up, and that brought back the predictive txt bar.

I can do it (relatively) easily by just quickly swiping. It can take a few tries, but I don't think that you're meant to hold down on it first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.