Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsAreEpic2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
Hey, I am a 14 year old British kid trying to buy an 2014 iMac when it releases so I can buy it (saving early) but I cannot work because I am below the minimum working age in the UK and I only get £1 from cutting the grass (£4 ish a month in the summer, £2 ish in the winter.). My parents are putting in £30 per month, cus otherwise I'll never get it #. Have you guys got any tips about earning money and getting it and stuff. :apple: :D

hologram

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2007
If you're in the country, maybe a farmer will pay you a little to sit in the barn and shoot rats with a bb gun. Babysitting. In the States you can collect aluminum cans and copper (wire, pipes, etc.) and sell them to a recycling center. Charge your friends £1 to do their homework. Any neighbors who need their grass cut? Any neighbors who will pay you not to break their windows? (Oooooops! How did that get in there? I've been watching too much TV! :D). Any gardens need weeding? Will your mom pay you a little to do the laundry? Washing the neighbors cars?

Good luck!

MacPC

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
Hey, I am a 14 year old British kid trying to buy an 2014 iMac when it releases so I can buy it (saving early) but I cannot work because I am below the minimum working age in the UK and I only get £1 from cutting the grass (£4 ish a month in the summer, £2 ish in the winter.). My parents are putting in £30 per month, cus otherwise I'll never get it ��. Have you guys got any tips about earning money and getting it and stuff. :apple: :D

In the U.S. Apple has a program for students if one buys through his/her school or any educational organizations you belong, for that matter, with s substantial discount. I do not know if Apple does the same in the U.K. You might want to look into that.

You sound like a wise 14 year kid, nothing taste better then buy with the money you saved up. :)

con19m31

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2014
Go door to door in your neighborhood, preferably with a little flyer made up.

Offer to wash cars, mow lawns, pick weeds, wash windows, and any odd jobs involving home outdoor maintenance.

You could also ask small businesses if they have any small jobs you could do for cash, like moving boxes or parts, washing their vehicles etc. Telling someone what you want the money for might help them come up with something they would not normally hire someone for.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.