Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bailorg

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
I'm in the market for a new wireless router for my largish house and I noticed that the 2011/5th Gen Airport Extreme is available refurbished from the US online Apple Store for $85.

This still seems like pretty good deal even compared with newer routers in that price range.

Is there any particular reason I shouldn't get this deal?

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I'm in the market for a new wireless router for my largish house and I noticed that the 2011/5th Gen Airport Extreme is available refurbished from the US online Apple Store for $85.

This still seems like pretty good deal even compared with newer routers in that price range.

After about two years, mine is starting to make a slight buzzing / humming noise.

Other than that, it's been a great router.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland

A fantastic router. I use mine as the central router and restrictions controller at a school. Between the Extreme and the eight Expresses, there is over 100 clients. That is alot of strain on the Extreme with no issues. Plus, it's in a boiler room that goes 80-90 in the winter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.