Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 18, 2006, 01:23 PM   #1
andreinla
macrumors newbie

15" Powerbook (Onyx) battery stuck + 3 other issues

Hi, everyone!

I just joined the Mac-pivileged by buying a used powerbook from a guy on Craigslist. I love the powerbook witht the exception of 4 things:

- Battery is stuck and I can't get it out. Any advice on this? Could be a simple tip or a link to disassembly instructions!

- Locking latch is broken - a small piece from the latch "locking-bar / plate" mechanism is missing and the small hook which comes out when the screen closes can't hook to it. (I've ordered a replacement latch from pbfixit.com)

- keyboard, trackpad and keyboard-indent-line marks on the screen. (I've ordered OmniCleanz but don't have very high hopes)

- The front low part of the casing is "unstuck." If I lift the front of the computer, I can push the lower part of the bottom case cover down with no effort. There are no screws holding it in place so maybe there's a small latch somewhere which is broken.

Besides these mechanical things, I love the machine. I love the operating system, the quiet operation, the smoothness and sexyness.

I intend to keep this for a couple of years (ruby programming, writing, browsing, simple web development) and would appreciate your advice on fixing any of the above, but especially the battery.

Thank you in advance!
-- Andre
Note: I already posted this in another forum here, but got no responses and am reposting in what I believe to be a more relevant place. If this is seen as a bad practice, my apologies to the Admin.
andreinla is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs