Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearwrestler

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2014
I’ve had my iPod touch for a year and a half now, and originally used the Supershieldz screen protector. After about a year of that, I switched the Tech Armor. After getting a feel for both of them, I wanted to write a review to give you guys my impressions of both of them. So, without further ado…

Supershieldz Pros:

1) Hardly noticeable when it is on the screen.
2) Works very well as a screen protector, and lasted for around 6 months of heavy use before it started to peel around the edges.
3) Came with two screen protectors.
4) Very affordable (though most of them are)
5) Good packaging, quick shipping.

Supershieldz Cons:

1) Fingerprint smudges galore.
2) Did not come with a squeegee to help remove bubbles.
3) Installation was very tricky, but I understand that to be a universal issue.
4) I rarely use a stylus, but it appeared that the screen protector was the cause of a few of my sensitivity issues. After I had removed the screen protector to replace, stylus sensitivity was dramatically improved.

Tech Armor Pros:

1) Easy to install. Again, not sure if this is because of the product, or if I have just gotten better at this.
2) Came with 2 screen protectors
3) Hardly noticeable when on the screen.
4) No rainbow effect.
5) Stylus sensitivity was much better.
6) Soft touch.

Tech Armor Cons:

1) Did not last as long as Supershieldz. Only lasted about 2 month with similar usage before the edges started to peel.
2) Shows fingerprints and oils pretty bad.
3) My fingers don’t glide as easily as they did on Supershieldz.

Overall, both of these screen protectors are good products. I would recommend either of them, but they each have advantages over the other. I’m on my 2nd screen protector (of the 2 pack) from Tech Armor, and it’s already peeling after two months again. I was tempted to try Zagg, but they were simply too expensive. So in conclusion, if you use a stylus I would recommend Tech Armor. If not, I would say Supershieldz would be a good product for you.

Again, neither is bad, and there are still many more products to try. I’m going to be buying a new screen protector soon seeing as to how Tech Armor’s 2nd piece is nearing its end. I’m not leaning towards any brand in particular, but I think I would like to try something new.

I’m open to questions, and suggestions.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
iPods are kinda a thing of the past... get an iPhone?

What a douche-tastic comment. The guy is trying to write a review to help other people out.

In any case, I have a Tech Armor on my iPod Touch, and Invisible Shield HD on my iPhone. I think you can't beat the Tech Armor types of protectors when it comes to clarity and smoothness. However, They don't seem to last as long in my pocket compared to the Invisible Shields. I also have bad luck applying the Tech Armor types, as they seem to attract dust, and one speck tends to stand out. Tech Armors are super cheap, though. I have placed IS HD's on my iPads, and am pretty happy. Just recently wrapped my rMBPro with IS.

bearwrestler

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2014
What a douche-tastic comment. The guy is trying to write a review to help other people out.

In any case, I have a Tech Armor on my iPod Touch, and Invisible Shield HD on my iPhone. I think you can't beat the Tech Armor types of protectors when it comes to clarity and smoothness. However, They don't seem to last as long in my pocket compared to the Invisible Shields. I also have bad luck applying the Tech Armor types, as they seem to attract dust, and one speck tends to stand out. Tech Armors are super cheap, though. I have placed IS HD's on my iPads, and am pretty happy. Just recently wrapped my rMBPro with IS.

Thank you for your defense. But I've just always had bad luck with both, as stated above... I'm not sure how else to avoid the problems. Perhaps the best option is to take it to a mall and have them install it for me.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
Thank you for your defense. But I've just always had bad luck with both, as stated above... I'm not sure how else to avoid the problems. Perhaps the best option is to take it to a mall and have them install it for me.

Or watch any of the ten million installation videos on youtube?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.