Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mongoose.vindi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Initially this started while doing some light gaming on TF2 with my 2013 Macbook air and Steelseries Rival mouse. I realized that whenever I press shift I am unable to scroll with my mouse (because I use shift as crouch, and scroll wheel for weapon switching).

For the sake of efficiency I would like to be able to simultaneously scroll while pressing shift, (if possible) however, pressing shift disables the scrolling function with the mouse. What's strange is that if I press shift I am still able to scroll with the track pad using two fingers. Does anyone know how I might go about addressing this issue if possible? I have tried this with other keys and it appears control and shift are the only keys that disable the scrolling function on the mouse.

I also think it's tied to a larger issue (as well as the external mouse) with trying to bind the keys to the other functions. For example, I can't bind capslock to crouch in game because capslock is responsible for capslock and other functions but I can bind crouch to ABC.... or any other letter. It's pretty troublesome because I like to game when I am not studying or working and the inability to bind certain keys makes it very difficult to do so,

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.