Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kreger1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Hi all,

Upon upgrading to iOS8B1 I downloaded and installed Skype on both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 (Both running iOS8B1).
Everything seemed fine until you go to make a call, and after 1-2 minutes of being on an active call (doesn't seem to matter if its audio or video call) the audio "clicks" in and out making it very difficult to hear the other person/s speaking. I've tried to see if this is an issue limited to the headphones/faulty headphone jack, as well as if it was device specific. I discovered that both my iPhone and iPad have this issue, regardless if using headphones or no headphones. It seems that if you ARE using headphones, and unplug them, and then plug them back in that the issue will be resolved for 30-45 seconds, but after that immediately goes back to cutting out and creating a very hard to understand conversation. And yes, I have verified that my internet connection is not the problem, as well as the other parties microphone.

Please reply if you have any ideas or if you have this same issue!

Thanks!

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Hard reboot the phone and see if that fixes it (Home + Power buttons)

If not could still be Skype not being compatible w/ ios8

Egish

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
Salem, OR
V5

Cult of Mac said Skype v5 was put out today for iphone only. But I have not seen the upgrade yet. They are working on ipad.

Perhaps that might help

kreger1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Hard reboot the phone and see if that fixes it (Home + Power buttons)

If not could still be Skype not being compatible w/ ios8

Thanks for the suggestion,
I gave that a shot but it didn't seem to do anything to the issue. I think I'll just wait as the post above mentioned Skype v5 being released.. I'll see if that brings a fix for this issue.

Thanks anyways!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.