Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I thought it would be fun to have a thread with everyone just sharing what your game of the show was for E3 and why ...

I'll kick it off with Splatoon - this is what I've wanted from Nintendo for a long time - Mario Paintball ... but this was approached in a much cooler and more appealing and fun way than I could have even conceived. The goal cover the map with your own paint - simple enough, but:

The depth of gameplay I'm seeing already in this one mode has me so excited - newbies can defend homebase by painting that up - more advanced players can venture out and shoot down enemies - hiding in your paint, jumping to your teammates - this is shaping up to be an amazing shooter by Nintendo that has more than just how many kills I have in it.

I'm really curious to see if there is a single player campaign or if this will be more of a TitanFall online only shooter - anyways I'm excited being a 2015 game has me thinking this is just the tip of the iceberg!

So what is your game of E3 2014?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Splatoon looked more like de blob 2 to me.

-----

No game stole shows for me, but

Tomb Raider
Little Big Planet 3
Captain Toad
Yoshi
Skylanders | Trap Team
Order 1886
Far Cry 4
Last of Us Remastered
GTA V Remastered
Division
Alien : Isolation

All impressed me.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Little Big Planet 3
Zelda
Kirby Canvas Curse sequel - the original DS game was brilliant!
Smash Bros 4
No Man's Sky

I'm cautious about most of those though. LBP3 looks like the first game but new, where LBP2 and Vita had their own distinct art styles. I really hope the character switching mechanic works well, I'm getting Lost Vikings vibes from it and I don't think that would work well for a faster platform game like LBP.

Smash Bros, will be ace but I don't want to see a reliance on the figures.

No Man's Sky looks great but I need to see some gameplay. I need to see what goals and activities the game has.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
No mans sky for sure. If it can do what they say it can do, and it seems from the people that played the demo they brought, it can.

I think the game is going to be amazing, especially when we start to see the planets that are not like earth, and there are tons.

The game looks beautiful.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
No game really made an impact this year, but that trailer for the new Insomniac game was really clever. I like many others must have thought "oh great, another US marine shooting whatever game" and then suddenly "Whoa awesome" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LmilGAhaM

Not that I would buy that game in any case. Just the trailer was fun.

Another good trailer was for the new Tomb Raider, though it could have gone with less killing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.