Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:38 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

CNet Editors' take on Apple MacBook Pro (1.67Ghz)

Category: Reviews
Link: CNet Editors' take on Apple MacBook Pro (1.67Ghz)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:55 PM   #2
Airforce
macrumors 6502a

Nothing really new....just an opinion on the specs. Had my hopes up and everything
Airforce is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:42 AM   #3
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Probably a little bit early for a really indepth review. Except the mention of the IBM G4 processor in the old Power Book. I know someone else mentioned this previously on a similar review. It kind of discredits the reviewer when they can't get the name of the chip manufacturer right.

Edit: On reading the article it is actually the same review that I posted last week from cnet's UK site so definitely nothing new there.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:57 AM   #4
Mord
macrumors G4

the user reviews are funny, especially the negative ones that completely negate the fact that you buy a mac for the OS not the brand, or the fact it's not ugly and 2" thick.
Mord is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2006, 08:19 AM   #5
SiliconAddict
macrumors 601

Quote:
a display that bright is bound to suck a lot of power.
I keep seeing this as a complaint all over the place. Can you not decrease the brightness on the screen? If it's 60% brighter then the previous PowerBooks then decrease the brightness 60% and there you go. Where is the problem here?

-Newton 4700 (a.k.a iPaq 4700)
-Dell 2405FPW 24" Widescreen
SiliconAddict is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2006, 08:21 AM   #6
SiliconAddict
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
the user reviews are funny, especially the negative ones that completely negate the fact that you buy a mac for the OS not the brand, or the fact it's not ugly and 2" thick.
Don't know about you but I am buying my first Mac for the OS, style, design, specs, AND brand. There isn't any one aspect that is a must have feature. It's the whole package, something that Apple is good at, that sold me. Previously it had everything but the specs. With that hole filled, IMHO Apple has a winner.

-Newton 4700 (a.k.a iPaq 4700)
-Dell 2405FPW 24" Widescreen
SiliconAddict is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2006, 08:48 AM   #7
Mord
macrumors G4

sorry came off wrong, the reasons to get a mac are that apple does not make crappy 2" thick ugly as sin laptops, though this is secondary to the OS, as for the brand that has no effect on me (i say that sitting in an apple t-shirt) if apple decided hey we want to call ourselves supermegacomputer corperation it wouldent phase me, branding does not effect my buying decisions and it shouldent effect yours.

this does not change the fact that apple makes the best hardware with the best software.
Mord is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:33 AM   #8
Seasought
macrumors 65816

I think I'll write a full review of the new Intel iMac I used at the Apple store the other day. That extensive experience and testing is sure to provide a valuable asset to the community.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:10 PM   #9
suntzu
macrumors regular

It seems as though the Dual Core might not be the drainer a lot of people are thinking it might be.

Will Core Duo Notebooks Trade Battery Life For Quicker Response?

Turns out that it may be the video components that cause the most damage. From the screen brightness (which you can turn down) to the load of the "video card" components. It would be nice if the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 had some kind of "SpeedStep technology" that CPU's use.
suntzu is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion