Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 19, 2006, 05:08 AM   #1
stefan_km
macrumors newbie

Ethernet killed on my powerbook after 10.4.4 upgrade

Hi!

I'm in great despair, as I can no longer use my ethernet connection to access the net on my rev. C powerbook

It went fine, updating to 10.4.4 and I could use the net connection just fine after the reboot as well. But after the next reboot there was no luck. Now, I'm not really sure what could be the problem - My roommate (on a pc) connects just fine, and I've also tried connecting with his cable, so that's not the issue.

Now, my question is: Is my ethernet con. toasted, or did 10.4.4 change something in the network settings in any way? (my building share the same broadband connection, so I haven't got much overview of which ports that are open etc.)

Thanks a lot!
stefan_km is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 09:25 AM   #2
awulf
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to awulf Send a message via AIM to awulf Send a message via Yahoo to awulf Send a message via Skype™ to awulf
First of all:
1) Plug in your ethernet connection
2) Open "System Preferences" and click on "Network"
3) Click on the pop-up menu for "Show:" "Built-in Ethernet"
4) "Configure IPv4:" should most likely set to "Using DHCP", or if you know the settings for "Manual" then enter them in.

If that fails:
1) Plug in your ethernet connection
2) Open /Applications/Utilities/Network Utility.app
3) Clink on the "Info" tab
4) Select "Network Interface en0" from the pop-up menu
5) Reply with the details shown under "Interface Information"
awulf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs