Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 14, 2014, 08:58 PM   #1
jkcerda
macrumors regular

gang members entering U.S.: ‘Why are we letting him in here?’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...bers-entering/

Quote:
Border Patrol officials are swamped by the number of minors crossing illegally into the United States and frustrated that they can’t turn away known Mexican gang members.
Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, said that confirmed gang members in Mexico — including those from Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) — are coming into the country to be reunited with their families, National Review reported Friday.

“If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here? … I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Mr. Cabrera told the magazine.

hard to keep crime down with known thugs entering.
EDIT, more links
http://www.kpho.com/story/25754976/s...al-immigration
Quote:
For example, we know that MS-13, one of the world's most notorious international gangs, has strong ties to several of the Central American countries from which these aliens are arriving. The administration's refusal to properly verify that violent criminals are not among those entering the United States shows an alarming lack of concern for our homeland's security. As a nation, we cannot sit back and allow this policy to continue."

Last edited by jkcerda; Jun 15, 2014 at 12:38 AM.
jkcerda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:08 PM   #2
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

Don't you ever get tired of constantly ginning up pointless outrage? Or are you one of those people who just likes making everyone unhappy?
vrDrew is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:15 PM   #3
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrDrew View Post

Don't you ever get tired of constantly ginning up pointless outrage?

Or are you one of those people who just likes making everyone unhappy?
I love irony.. your pointless outrage is making me unhappy

jkcerda is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:35 PM   #4
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

Your answer to everything is more guns.

There really is no point in discussing anything with you, since you already know the answer to everything: More guns.

I'm not outraged. I don't really care.If you want to delude yourself and your gun-loving buddies, thats fine by me.

Go play with your guns some more until you feel better.
vrDrew is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:40 PM   #5
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

There really is no point in discussing anything with you, since you already know the answer to everything: More guns.

I'm not outraged. I don't really care.If you want to delude yourself and your gun-loving buddies, thats fine by me.

He was asking/posting a question. He didn't say anything about guns?

You are the one bringing them up
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:49 PM   #6
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:

stuck at work, at no point did I mention guns, you are brought them up.
jkcerda is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:58 PM   #7
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:

Please point out where in the OP was there any mention of guns. Perhaps you should get your eyes checked.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:59 PM   #8
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

Let me put it, politely, by saying that I doubt your sincerity in having a serious and productive discussion of the topic.

Immigration is a highly complex topic, wrought with factors such as our basic humanity as a nation, global and regional economics, the geopolitical history of the United Staes; civil liberties; and life in a nation that is rapidly becoming bi-lingual.

But somehow I cannot shake the belief that this thread was created merely to provide yet another opportunity for the same tired cast of characters to repeat the same tired litany of baseless lies and assorted Fox New propaganda against our current President.

No?
vrDrew is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:12 PM   #9
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
1.Let me put it, politely, by saying that I doubt your sincerity in having a serious and productive discussion of the topic.

2. Immigration is a highly complex topic, wrought with factors such as our basic humanity as a nation, global and regional economics, the geopolitical history of the United Staes; civil liberties; and life in a nation that is rapidly becoming bi-lingual.

3.But somehow I cannot shake the belief that this thread was created merely to provide yet another opportunity for the same tired cast of characters to repeat the same tired litany of baseless lies and assorted Fox New propaganda against our current President.

4.No?
1. first thing you posted was "Your answer to everything is more guns." when I did not mention them at all.

2. just how does letting in known gang members help our civil liberties & help our economy?

3 perhaps this part of your post applies to you. "Let me put it, politely, by saying that I doubt your sincerity in having a serious and productive discussion of the topic."

4. NO, the one bringing up guns & even the president happens to be YOU, put the victim card away.
jkcerda is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:53 PM   #10
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
letting in known gang members
They are children. You have fallen for a dailymail article about children. The bottom-dwelling dailymail. They are demonising children as dangerous, hardened, gangland criminals without any evidence whatsoever. And you are regurgitating it as gospel. The dailymail is an absolute dogwhistle abomination that appeals to the lowest common denominator. They prey on racism and xenophobia to sell advertising. You have swollowed their filth hook, line, and sinker.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:36 AM   #11
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Don't you ever get tired of constantly ginning up pointless outrage? Or are you one of those people who just likes making everyone unhappy?
well maybe it answers some inner need for him?
Macky-Mac is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:37 AM   #12
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Quote:
I love irony.. your pointless outrage is making me unhappy

You two sound like founder members of "Angry White Dude.com"

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andy View Post
They are children. You have fallen for a dailymail article about children. The bottom-dwelling dailymail. They are demonising children as dangerous, hardened, gangland criminals without any evidence whatsoever. And you are regurgitating it as gospel. The dailymail is an absolute dogwhistle abomination that appeals to the lowest common denominator. They prey on racism and xenophobia to sell advertising. You have swollowed their filth hook, line, and sinker.
The thing that really worries me is when I hear that the Daily Mail is the UK's second largest newspaper.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:58 AM   #13
Bug-Creator
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybunny View Post
The thing that really worries me is when I hear that the Daily Mail is the UK's second largest newspaper.
*shrug* Bild is by far Germany's largest newspaper, doesn't mean they are taken serious much.

Sure there is some sort of KaasBlaad in the Netherlands too.
Bug-Creator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:04 AM   #14
Happybunny
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug-Creator View Post
*shrug* Bild is by far Germany's largest newspaper, doesn't mean they are taken serious much.

Sure there is some sort of KaasBlaad in the Netherlands too.
The fact that such a paper has that many readers, means that they the readers, agree to a good part of the articles, and editorials that the paper prints.

Our rabble paper de Telegraaf is by world standards very mild.

http://www.telegraaf.nl
Old Jun 15, 2014, 01:04 PM   #15
Southern Dad
macrumors 6502a

"Children" can be gang members too... As a matter of fact many gang members are under the age of 18 in the United States. Our lax immigration enforcement is to blame for these gang members being allowed to enter and stay in the USA.
Southern Dad is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:45 PM   #16
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
"Children" can be gang members too...
I suggest it's time to re-evaluate your life when you are trying to stereotype and demonise children through ideological xenophobia. It's disgusting.

Quote:
As a matter of fact many gang members are under the age of 18 in the United States. Our lax immigration enforcement is to blame for these gang members being allowed to enter and stay in the USA.
Source please.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:41 AM   #17
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybunny View Post
The fact that such a paper has that many readers, means that they the readers, agree to a good part of the articles, and editorials that the paper prints.

Our rabble paper de Telegraaf is by world standards very mild.

http://www.telegraaf.nl
I think a lot of people read the Daily Mail for the celebrity gossip. I'm sure a lot of other readers are still racist. But they aren't public about it.
Eraserhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:23 AM   #18
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

No one with serious drug or violent offenses should be allowed into the US.
Zombie Acorn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:29 AM   #19
Southern Dad
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andy View Post
I suggest it's time to re-evaluate your life when you are trying to stereotype and demonise children through ideological xenophobia. It's disgusting.

Source please.
Known gang members among thousands of illegal immigrant children storming the U.S. border and officials are now trying to silence officers from talking to the media
Southern Dad is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:43 AM   #20
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

As a general rule Americans ought not to quote - let alone believe - articles they find in the British tabloid press.

The British tabloid newspaper is fundamentally different to what we are used to here in the USA. And it takes a very high degree of skepticism, wisdom, and general knowledge - to say nothing of reading comprehension and critical thinking skills - for Americans to correctly interpret what is being said, and what the (probable) actual facts are behind a headline.

More succinctly, you need to ask yourself why this story is being reported in the British Daily Mail. If this really was a story, why isn't it being reported in the (Tucson) Arizona Daily Star or the Arizona Republic?

You need to look beyond the headlines. Really.
vrDrew is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:52 AM   #21
Southern Dad
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
As a general rule Americans ought not to quote - let alone believe - articles they find in the British tabloid press.

The British tabloid newspaper is fundamentally different to what we are used to here in the USA. And it takes a very high degree of skepticism, wisdom, and general knowledge - to say nothing of reading comprehension and critical thinking skills - for Americans to correctly interpret what is being said, and what the (probable) actual facts are behind a headline.

More succinctly, you need to ask yourself why this story is being reported in the British Daily Mail. If this really was a story, why isn't it being reported in the (Tucson) Arizona Daily Star or the Arizona Republic?

You need to look beyond the headlines. Really.
Better Source?

Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.: ‘Why are we letting him in here?’
Southern Dad is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:28 AM   #22
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Better Source?
Actually, worse.

You see how up there I used the phrase "critical thinking"" Do you know what that means?

Because its quite apparent to me that the Washington Times article you cited is merely repeating the Daily Mail story earlier. It quotes the exact same people, using exactly the same phrases. The Washington Times didn't send a reporter down to Arizona to interview anyone.
vrDrew is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:31 AM   #23
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Quote:
They are both the same sources as the OP. Are you reading the thread? Have you read either link?

These are the children you and jkcera are trying to demonise as gang members for your own ideological xenophobia. Children you are trying to pretend are members of MS-13 for your own political agendas. All for being born on the wrong side of an imaginary line. You couldn't sink any lower than attacking children IMO.
Quote:
The sad photos show child immigrants crammed inside cages and tiny rooms at a U.S. Government border facility - further highlighting the humanitarian crisis along America's border with Mexico.
The images were taken at a holding center in Texas which can no longer accommodate large numbers of children and mothers traveling alone with their kids, forcing the federal government to open more facilities.
In one snap, taken during a tour of the Customs and Border Protection facility in South Texas, a large group of immigrants are locked in a wire mesh cage.

In another, tiny children run around a packed room and foil sheets – the only blankets they have – cover the concrete floors.

Up to 40 people a time - most appearing dirty and dejected - can be seen in filling rooms only large enough for ten.

Yesteryda, MailOnline reported that overworked border patrol officers struggling to cope with the huge influx are separating diseased child immigrants with make-shift quarantine methods - yellow evidence tape.

Don Ray, the Executive Director of the Texas Border Sheriffs Coalition, said border guards were simply running a strip of tape down the center of the detention facility to separate the children.

‘The diseased kids sit on one side and the healthy children on the other,’ he said. 'Hardly the best way to go about things'.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:33 AM   #24
Peterkro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Well actually no not much better at all.The Washington Times is a Moonie connected right wing rag and that article is a direct lift of an article from the NationalReview another right wing rag.
The National Border Control Council is a labour union (I could have sworn I saw a post from you saying unions were bad things) so fairly obviously it is part of their job to big up border problems they are after all just protecting jobs and their very lucrative overtime payments.
Also statements from one of their leaders with out sources means it is hearsay and not evidence.
Meanwhile the ACLU has filed a case against the Border Patrol people alleging abuse (including sexual abuse):

https://www.aclu.org/immigrants-righ...ficials-during

Neither of the two papers (one is actually a magazine) mentioned are independent businesses but run on donations etc from right wing supporters.
Peterkro is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:43 AM   #25
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterkro View Post
The National Border Control Council is a labour union (I could have sworn I saw a post from you saying unions were bad things) so fairly obviously it is part of their job to big up border problems they are after all just protecting jobs and their very lucrative overtime payments.
It is nice to see people clambering to take a statement of a Union Official as gospel. I wonder why it doesn't happen over other topics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterkro View Post
Also statements from one of their leaders with out sources means it is hearsay and not evidence.
Indeed. Even worse when it is a right wing rag that posts pictures of heavily tattooed MS-13 pictures to demonise them.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues