Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Insane225

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
My iPhone 5 has been jailbroken for some time now. It it on IOS 7.0.6. Once, in the past, one day a couple of my apps would go to open, and then crash before fully opening. I tried removing some of my jailbroken packages, and after removing a few, and restarting my phone, I could then open my MAIL and other apps (using MAIL as an example because it is my most important one that crashes). After fixing the problem, I could then re-install all the same Cydia packages I had just uninstalled and my MAIL would still open and work fine.
Here I am, 2 weeks later, and have run into the same problem again. I have uninstalled all of my Cydia packages and restarted my phone, still not having luck with getting my MAIL app to open. The only Cydia packages I have left right now are:
-Big Boss Icon Set
-Cydia Installer
-Cydia Substrate
-Cydia Translations
-evasi0n 7.x Untether
-Repo Icons
-Substrate Safe Mode
-xSellize Security

I'm not sure what else I can do. Not sure if I can remove anything else. I tried reinstalling all of these at the same time, but no luck.

If there is a way I can restore back to the same version, I can do that and re-jailbreak but I don't think there is a way for me to restore the version I'm on right now (7.0.6 on an iPhone 5). But can you help me figure out how to either restore my phone to the same version so I can re-jailbreak, or to keep my MAIL app (and others) from crashing? thanks.

Insane225

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
Sorry, I fixed my own problem.
In case anybody else runs into this problem, I found a YouTube video that explained it all.

Fix #1: Uninstall AppSync (didn't work for me)
Fix #2: Uninstall afc2add (didn't apply to me)
Fix #3: Uninstall possible other tweaks it may be (did that to an extreme)
Fix #4: Settings < General < Reset < Reset All Settings (didn't work)
Fix #5: Follow these steps:
-Download/Open Cydia's App: iFile
-When it opens, keep pressing "back" button until you get to the main page (because it doesn't open on the main page).
-Then go to: var < mobile < Library < caches
-Find "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist" and swipe to the right, and click "DELETE"
-Then scroll until you find "com.apple.LaunchServies-054.csstore" and "Delete" that as well.
-After doing so, restart your device and your apps will work perfectly!

:) Thanks self! It took a lot of research.

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
In case anybody else runs into this problem, I found a YouTube video that explained it all.

-When it opens, keep pressing "back" button until you get to the main page (because it doesn't open on the main page).
-Find "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist" and swipe to the right, and click "DELETE"
-Then scroll until you find "com.apple.LaunchServies-054.csstore" and "Delete" that as well.

Nicely written explanation. Thanks for posting such a well written piece of information. :)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Appsync and sketchy repos will do this just about every time.

King Bowser

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
This happened to me except it only happens with Iheartradio and on facebook when I get messages.. which is really weird.

I tried doing your last step and it didn't work.. I really don't want to lose my jailbreak :(

King Bowser

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Anyone ? If I can't figure it out by tonight I need to restore and see if that fixes if. I even tried ilex rat and no avail. :(

Danimal1313

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2013
Nicely written explanation. Thanks for posting such a well written piece of information. :)

And it works too! I used to have issues with Safari crashing the first couple times I tried to open it. Now it works as it should! Thanks for the helpful post!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.