Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Welcome to this week's photo contest thread!

Who says toys are just for kids?

Theme: Toys/Miniatures

Show me photos of toys, miniatures, models, etc. Creative things with Legos, action figures, collectables, etc.

Rules:
1. Please submit only one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs until 2359 CDT June 22 2014.

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

* To see all of our past contests please see the sticky thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/ *

pmxperience

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
United States
Well well, this'll be interesting. Bokeh much...
FPsn59f.jpg

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Any post per chance, Gromit?

Any post per chance, Gromit?

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• Wallace and Gromit.jpg
    Wallace and Gromit.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Just wanted to post a quick reminder that the contest closes in 5 hours. I'll post my commentary and the winners sometime in the next 24 hours. Great entries so far, this is going to be tough!

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Wow, just so many good entries this week. I had a certain level of expectation when I set this theme, and you all BLEW THE FREAKIN' LID OFF OF IT!!! Well done all around, give yourselves a pat on the back for work well done. I'd love to give everyone a critique, but I don't have time to do a full write up tonight, so I'll just post my top 3 for now, and then try and come back later to write about the rest.

So... our winners are as follows:

3rd Place: MCH-1138 - What a fun idea. Works well both photographically, as well as just being a "fun concept". For better or worse I find myself concentrating more on the cool things you did with the Legos and less on the actual photography. (ie the mini-TIE Fighter he's building is such a fun use of those pieces).

2nd Place: CharlieBrandt09 - Another wonderfully clever idea here. The LEGO Movie on screen (I assume that's what they're watching), really seals it here. It totally makes this a believable universe, and it's so "meta" that it makes me grin. The shallow depth of field does a great job at putting the emphasis on their little date. I wonder if you could take this one step further and use tiny Lego chairs, or set it up on concrete/gravel of some sort to do a drive-in theater kind of thing.

1st Place: NeGRit0 - You nailed it out of the park this week! This is exactly what I was looking forward to seeing when I posted this theme. It's a creative setup, telling a clear story in a new way. The scale makes it comical, even though we can relate to it. The lighting and composition are spot on, so clean and precise for the kind of story you're trying to tell. I wish you could take this single shot and turn it into a stop motion short film. Very well done!

And so there you have it, NeGRit0 is our new champion, and it was well earned against a very impressive field of entries. I'd still like to leave some comments on everyone else's images, so bear with me over the next couple of days while I try and get that done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.