Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbocat007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
Hi,

I cant find this answer anywhere, does anyone know how I can disable the photos button on the camera screen? - So basically if someone goes into my camera to take a photo, they cannot just press the button and enter into the camera roll to view all my other photos?

I have tried apps like applocker and lockdown pro but they only have this feature on ios 5 for some reason...

Any help is appreciated. I am on iphone 4s on ios 7.0.2

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

I cant find this answer anywhere, does anyone know how I can disable the photos button on the camera screen? - So basically if someone goes into my camera to take a photo, they cannot just press the button and enter into the camera roll to view all my other photos?

I have tried apps like applocker and lockdown pro but they only have this feature on ios 5 for some reason...

I'm not sure if that is possible, that is build in on the camera app, you may want to try another app to take pics, or use a Vault app to locked down those picture you don't want anyone to see.

turbocat007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
I used to disable it on my old iphone (ios5) but on ios7 ive not managed to fins a way yet... :(

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
There's no need for this. Just set a passcode.

Then, when they access your camera, you can only see the photos that were *just* taken since they swiped up the camera icon.

Each time they turn the phone off and swipe up the camera icon, they will just see the photos they took that time.

Hi,

RazorRock

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2014
I appreciate the advise, but I already knew that. And for the record, I already have a passcode set. I have it set to 15 minutes. So the only way to give someone my phone to take a picture would be to wait 15 minutes, or to respring my phone and then hand them my phone because when you respring an iPhone, you need to renter your passcode to get into your home screen. So aside from the obvious, if anyone comes up with a jailbreak based solution, please let me know. :)

There's no need for this. Just set a passcode.

Then, when they access your camera, you can only see the photos that were *just* taken since they swiped up the camera icon.

Each time they turn the phone off and swipe up the camera icon, they will just see the photos they took that time.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I appreciate the advise, but I already knew that. And for the record, I already have a passcode set. I have it set to 15 minutes. So the only way to give someone my phone to take a picture would be to wait 15 minutes, or to respring my phone and then hand them my phone because when you respring an iPhone, you need to renter your passcode to get into your home screen. So aside from the obvious, if anyone comes up with a jailbreak based solution, please let me know. :)

But this is silly, because if the password is not required at the moment (due to you being within the 15 minutes), the user can just open up Photos from the home screen and browse your photos anyway.

In fact, I remember when they changed it so that if a passcode isn't required, you can just browse all your photos from swiping up for the camera, and I actually liked the change because it saved me having to hit home and go into photos.

RazorRock

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2014
I'm not the greatest at explaining my tech issues so let me try again haha. Okay so pretend I just finished sending a text message, and now I want my friend to take a picture of me right? So I press the lock button on my phone and give it to them. They press the home buton to turn the screen on, then they flip the camera open by swiping up as you say right? At that moment, they can now flip to the left and see ALL pictures taken. THIS is the problem here. And the only solutions I have found so far is to set the password to immediately then give them the phone, or respring the phone. Otherwise, they can see everything while in the camera EVEN from the lock screen because 15 minutes has not gone by yet so the phone is "locked" but not password locked. Does that make more sense? I'm basically looking for a tweak that removes the camera roll button on the Camera app.

But this is silly, because if the password is not required at the moment (due to you being within the 15 minutes), the user can just open up Photos from the home screen and browse your photos anyway.

In fact, I remember when they changed it so that if a passcode isn't required, you can just browse all your photos from swiping up for the camera, and I actually liked the change because it saved me having to hit home and go into photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.