Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timerez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Hello,

I'm VERY new to Apple product. Only knowledge I have is iPhone usage so that don't really count on solving this problem. I am also very new to having a server. (Including personal servers)

I recently got OS X Server for work related project I am on. I need to get a server up and running so we chose OS X Server. I am attempting to do this to learn on HOW to make the program and using server at same time. But as soon as we start it up, (not boot up server, but starting a service) it freezes the laptop itself and then causes my laptop to stop working. I had to recover my laptop with a backup external drive (lucky I had it). But then it does same thing on another newer model (to assume the laptop I first tried was too weak and old to handle such power). And same thing happens.

So, the question is: how do we stop this freezing/laptop bugging out/etc from using server? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.