Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 19, 2006, 03:17 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Intel-Based iMacs Are Fast, But Gains Don't Match Apple's...

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Intel-Based iMacs Are Fast, But Gains Don't Match Apple's Claims
Description:: Since the first rumors of an Apple switch to Intel, everyone has been wondering about the potential speed of Intel-based Macs.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 19, 2006, 03:36 PM   #2
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

Apple has a history of s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g- the truth. I call it spinning benches. Its why its so important for Arn to come up with a good suite of benches for us Mac users.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 01:57 AM   #3
suntzu
macrumors regular

I guess it depends on how you look at it. They said the SPEC tests equate to 2x the performance. You can take this to mean a lot of things. For example, does the rating mean it capable of performing at that level (and no more) or does it say that given current optimization techniques, this is how much we know you can get.

But test like these don't mean much to me (the SPEC tests). All I want to know is if the new hardware makes me more productive for the amount of money I have to put in. Like in the case of the MacBook Pro, it does although it's based more on potential then speed (which is lots faster).
suntzu is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion