Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hey all,

I'm not sure what is happening on the Tapatalk app.

But when I click on menu I get a blue message saying "You have been banned" ... As you can imagine this was quite alarming.

Is it a forum issue or an app specific issue ?

Cheers

MRU

Screenshot_2014-06-17-16-41-55.png

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hey all,

I'm not sure what is happening on the Tapatalk app.

But when I click on menu I get a blue message saying "You have been banned" ... As you can imagine this was quite alarming.

Is it a forum issue or an app specific issue ?

Cheers

MRU

View attachment 476910

not sure why that's happening. You, obviously, aren't banned.

arn

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
not sure why that's happening. You, obviously, aren't banned.

arn

Yeah I almost had palpitations when I saw it .... I've uninstalled the app and re-downloaded and still same.

Maybe it's an 'android' thing :D

Just downloading on iOS to see if its same story.

Yep same on the ipad with Tapatalk.
image.jpg

Last edited:

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
That's really odd. Maybe contact Tapatalk support? Although they never respond anyways so you probably shouldn't waste your time.(I know from experience)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Also having this issue. It stinks.

Thank goodness I'm not alone.

Strange thing, on windows phone tapatalk app, no such issue....

----------

That's really odd. Maybe contact Tapatalk support? Although they never respond anyways so you probably shouldn't waste your time.(I know from experience)

Yeah already mailed them and ...... No response.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Same here! Just now, as soon as I accessed MacRumors on Tapatalk I got a pop-up notification saying "You have been banned". I was like, what did I do?!! I didn't do anything :(

e900db960ffdc450ae4efd0d929e45d0.jpg

photo_5.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed something. MacRumorUser, AustinIllini, and me all have the "Demi-God" title. Is there a connection between the banned message we got and the title?

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Same here! Just now, as soon as I accessed MacRumors on Tapatalk I got a pop-up notification saying "You have been banned". I was like, what did I do?!! I didn't do anything :(

EDIT: Just noticed something. MacRumorUser, AustinIllini, and me all have the "Demi-God" title. Is there a connection between the banned message we got and the title?

I just checked Tapatalk on my iPhone and I am not having this issue. I am not a "Demi-God", so you may be onto something with your theory there.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Tapatalk issue

Is there an "Administrator" that can tell us why this is happening? It's getting really annoying. I'd be browsing the forums and I would suddenly get the pop-up notification every now and then that I'm banned, there's no option but to press OK which automatically takes me out of the MR forums completely.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Is there an "Administrator" that can tell us why this is happening? It's getting really annoying. I'd be browsing the forums and I would suddenly get the pop-up notification every now and then that I'm banned, there's no option but to press OK which automatically takes me out of the MR forums completely.

This is an Arn thing. I'll pass it on to him.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
I am having this issue as well. I just donated today, and right after I donated, I began seeing this message in tapatalk

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I am having this issue as well. I just donated today, and right after I donated, I began seeing this message in tapatalk

So I was right. It has to do with donating. It's very strange. I wonder why?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Not sure what's happening here, but we've asked Tapatalk to look at it. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
This thread shows how we analyze and figure things out collectively. With only one case, the reasons for it occurring were pretty much open. As the thread picked up another, more data. Tested on multiple platforms until the common link was diagnosed.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Thank goodness it's not just me. I've also recently been breathed upon by the gods and I'm getting the banned message on my iPad version if tapatalk too. Not on my Android phone version though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.