Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On the same day it launched a new entry-level iMac model, Apple also used the downtime to adjust the prices on other hardware in some European markets. The price cuts we've noticed affect European models of the Mac mini, the European Apple TV and iMac models in the UK.

macmini-italy.png

Pricing on the Mac mini dropped between EUR30 and EUR60, depending on the country and model. Most European stores are now offering the entry-level Mac Mini for EUR619 with the quad-core and OS X server models selling for EUR819 and EUR1019, respectively, although some euro countries such as Germany are showing slightly lower pricing of EUR599/EUR799/EUR999. In the UK, the entry-level Mac Mini remains the same at £499, with price drops between EUR30 and EUR50 being applied to the quad-core and server models.

apple-tv-germany.png

Apple also cut the prices on the Apple TV in Europe, reducing the cost by EUR10/£20. The once EUR109/£99 media streaming device is now available for EUR99/£79 throughout most of Apple's European stores. While Europe saw a reduction, the Apple TV price remains the same in the US at $99.

Along with the new entry-level 21.5-inch iMac, Apple UK also lowered the cost of existing iMac models. The existing 21.5-inch models were lowered by £100, while the 27-inch models saw similar reductions of £150. The reduction appears to limited only to the UK with most of Europe and the US still selling the iMac at its original pricing.

Article Link: Apple Cuts Prices on Mac Mini and Apple TV in Europe, iMac in UK

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
If this keeps going on, it's gonna end up rivaling the Mac Pro drought of 12',13.'

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
Just bought a 6 week old specced to the eyeballs mac mini for the gf today at a bargain price, fortunately the prices have not dropped in Australia. Even better they didn't upgrade with the release of the new iMac.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Surprised they didn't just add a slower one to their line-up. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, with edu discounts and sales, I may have to consider getting a second one in the near future. :D

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
Apple TV Journal

Entry for June 18, 2014:

After 7 years, 6 months, 15 days, I'm still a hobby.

Maltz

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
Apple’s getting rid of inventory. Mac Mini = Dead.

... they have said before every single Mac Mini update since it was launched.

I don't know where this idea keeps coming from. It's a popular enough model, it fills an important role, and this thinning of inventory occurs in all Apple's product lines before an update. Why should this be any different?

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013

I don't know where this idea keeps coming from. It's a popular enough model, it fills an important role, and this thinning of inventory occurs in all Apple's product lines before an update. Why should this be any different?

What other mac hasn’t been updated since 2012? ;)

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Apparently in the UK, iMac sales have plummeted, hence why a price drop makes sense.

BrettArchibald

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
Hmmm... I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV for the longest time, and this seems like a price-point that I really should just bite the bullet on, and finally buy it!
BUT this price-drop also makes me think that a newer (better) Apple TV is forthcoming!
What to do, what to do... Aaargh!

Bokito

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2007
Netherlands
Guess new Apple TV incoming

This is just a correction for the US Dollar prices compared to other currencies. The Euro and pound got a lot stronger in recent months. Usually Apple corrects this when they refresh products, but I think they missed their targets for these products and now correct the prices at a different time instead. This more likely means there is no new Apple TV or Mac Mini in the pipeline for at least 2 or 3 months.

artfun

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014

Agree, I also often think that I overpaid for macbook, since I use it primarily as a desktop.

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
I have been waiting forever for an updated Mac Mini and I guess this just means it's going to be a while longer still.

I think it could be time to go Ableton Live on a PC instead of Logic / Mac.

Apple have bored me into defection!

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Lots of stores sell Apple TV, and I have NEVER seen it sell for more than 99€.

I bought mine for 79€ on sale at a large electronic retailer about a year ago. Just keep your eyes open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.