Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrayApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steamboy-project-is-a-portable-steam-machine/1100-6420490/
Although I have some serious doubts, this device sounds awesome! The Steamboy is a 5-inch tablet with a quad-core processor, 4 gigabytes of RAM, physical buttons, and Valve's touch pads. No word on whether the processor is an AMD processor or an Intel processor. Based on the performance of Intel's Baytrail chip and AMD's A4 tablet chips, performance could be a serious issue, but since the tablet won't be out until 2015, it could take advantage of Intel's Cherry Trail processor, a next generation APU, or even a Broadwell Core M processor. It also only has 32 gigabytes of storage which is atrociously small, but can be beefed up with a Micro SD card or could even change before release. The only other major downsides I can see are potential battery life and the fact that it runs Steam OS. Despite all of this, I am super excited about this. I've always wanted a gaming tablet even if it can only play lighter games, and the only option so far has been the incredibly expensive and heavy Razer Edge. What do you guys think? Is anyone else hyped for this?:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.