Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:59 PM   #1
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Dick Cheney sits stunned

Quote:
as Fox News turns on him: ‘History has proven that you got it wrong’

Kelly proceeded to fire off a list of Cheney’s claims and pronouncements from his time at the White House that ended up being disputed or outright wrong — that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, that U.S. soldiers would be “greeted as liberators,” that the Iraqi insurgency was “in its last throes” in 2005, and that extremists would have to “rethink their strategy of jihad” after the U.S. intervention.

“Now with almost one trillion dollars spent there with 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?” Kelly said.
LOVED IT.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/06...-got-it-wrong/
jkcerda is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:31 PM   #2
JohnLT13
macrumors 6502a

"Obama has made it very clear his desire its weaken the nation" says Cheneys daughter. I don't remember him ever saying that in a speech or news conference. This interview is a joke, I don't think Cheney was stunned at all. He thinks he made no mistakes and takes no credit for failures in Iraq.
JohnLT13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:49 PM   #3
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Dick and Liz Cheney wrote in their Wall Street Journal op-ed that “rarely” has a president ever been “so wrong about so much at the expense of so many.”
How rich.

Yeah, I guess Dick ought to know. The last time someone in such a lofty office was more wrong was during his time spent darkening the doorways of power.

It would be difficult to find anyone who was MORE wrong than Cheney with regard to EVERYTHING.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:53 PM   #4
bradl
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
Agreed. Kelly called it right, and all of the blathering in the world couldn't get Cheney out of it.

I think the chorus to No Leaf Clover says it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica
Then it comes to be
That the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Is just a freight train coming your way
Dear in the headlights, indeed.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
Agreed. Kelly called it right, and all of the blathering in the world couldn't get Cheney out of it.

I think the chorus to No Leaf Clover says it best:

Dear in the headlights, indeed.

BL.
I didn't know that you had such warm feelings for Cheney!

Last edited by Shrink; Jun 19, 2014 at 03:00 PM.
Shrink is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 02:55 PM   #6
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Even worse is they set up a new website to raise money off of their bull ****.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:29 PM   #7
thekev
macrumors 603

I don't recall if his 1994 interview has been mentioned. I couldn't find the full thing unedited, but it's more than just a sound bite.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:22 PM   #8
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Dick Cheney, Geo. W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Judith Miller, Paul Wolfowitz, Ari Fleischer, Wm Kristol, Karen Hughes, Sean Hannity, Dana Perino, Rush Limbaugh, Paul Bremer, and probably several more whose names escape me . . . . . .

All of 'em, give em all an all-expense paid plane ride to the middle east, a fly-over tour of Iraq, then load all of them up with combat backpacks, and at 12,000' AGL, push em all out of the plane, smack dab over Tikrit, no parachute.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 08:51 PM   #9
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanW View Post
Dick Cheney, Geo. W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Judith Miller, Paul Wolfowitz, Ari Fleischer, Wm Kristol, Karen Hughes, Sean Hannity, Dana Perino, Rush Limbaugh, Paul Bremer, and probably several more whose names escape me . . . . . .

All of 'em, give em all an all-expense paid plane ride to the middle east, a fly-over tour of Iraq, then load all of them up with combat backpacks, and at 12,000' AGL, push em all out of the plane, smack dab over Tikrit, no parachute.
Add Obama /Biden & congress since 2000
jkcerda is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:15 PM   #10
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Quote:
While they share culpability, NO ONE pounded the drums of war with the gusto and pedantry like those I singled out, and a few others I couldn't be bothered scraping from my memory.

Care needs to be exercised with regard to false equivalency and all that.

Last edited by FreemanW; Jun 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM.
FreemanW is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:33 PM   #11
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
While they share culpability, NO ONE pounded the drums of war with the gusto and pedantry like those I singled out, and a few others I couldn't be bothered scraping from my memory.

Disagree. They are just as guilty for continuing it along with the patriot act extension , signing the NDAA& letting the NSA stay working
jkcerda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:26 PM   #12
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

Well if they're all equally culpable, then they should all rot in prison, or be sentenced to death.

But I think you would be hard pressed to make a case that everyone in the Senate and the House were feeding lies and false stories to Judith Miller week in and week out, going on FUX NEWS and the other media outlets and knowingly making false claims with regard to weapons of mass destruction, and feeding all of this fabricated and false foundation for war to the Congress under the political ultimatum "You're either with us or against us".

You are entitled to your opinion, just not your own facts.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:28 PM   #13
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
Well if they're all equally culpable, then they should all rot in prison, or be sentenced to death.

But I think you would be hard pressed to make a case that everyone in the Senate and the House were feeding lies and false stories to Judith Miller week in and week out, going on FUX NEWS and the other media outlets and knowingly making false claims with regard to weapons of mass destruction, and feeding all of this fabricated and false foundation for war to the Congress under the political ultimatum "You're either with us or against us".

You are entitled to your opinion, just not your own facts.
they supported the actions, look guilty enough to me. not just on war, but on the Patriot Act, the NDAA and the NSA.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:49 PM   #14
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
...They are just as guilty for continuing it along with the patriot act extension , signing the NDAA& letting the NSA stay working
Agreed. The failure to analyze the Bush administration's claims was an abject failure of the part of Congress, but the fact that the PATRIOT Act has been reauthorized three times means they can no longer act as if they were conned into the deal—they've become willing partners.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:00 AM   #15
Technarchy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
Agreed. The failure to analyze the Bush administration's claims was an abject failure of the part of Congress, but the fact that the PATRIOT Act has been reauthorized three times means they can no longer act as if they were conned into the deal—they've become willing partners.
I'm far from an Obama fan, but I was absolutely certain he would not renew the PATRIOT Act and take on the issue of healthcare.

I was correct on one part.

The PATRIOT Act is a disgrace and the biggest erosion to privacy and civil rights this nation has ever seen.

Here is the biggest irony:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ved-him-right/

Quote:
Sen. Obama warned about Patriot Act abuses. President Obama proved him right.

In recent months, Barack Obama has forcefully defended the use of the Patriot Act to gather the phone records of every American. But before he was elected president, he had a very different perspective on the issue.

In December 2005, Congress was debating the first re-authorization of the Patriot Act, a controversial 2001 law that gave the federal government expanded power to spy on Americans. And Barack Obama was one of nine senators who signed a letter criticizing the then-current version of the legislation for providing insufficient protections for civil liberties.
Talk about an outright MASSIVE flipflop.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:03 AM   #16
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
I'm far from an Obama fan, but I was absolutely certain he would not renew the PATRIOT Act and take on the issue of healthcare.

I was correct on one part.
I expected the man to do what he said, end the wars, close GITMO, instead the man continued the wars, started firing missiles into Libya and was looking at Syria where he supplied weapons to the enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
EXACTLY.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:52 AM   #17
bradl
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I expected the man to do what he said, end the wars, close GITMO, instead the man continued the wars, started firing missiles into Libya and was looking at Syria where he supplied weapons to the enemy.

EXACTLY.
In all fairness, he tried to close Guantanamo Bay. The Reds in Congress wouldn't allow it.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2014, 01:23 AM   #18
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Cheney does not "sit stunned" here is the whole thing, watch it for yourself, she gives him all kinds of room to yammer on with his BS, and even asks if the president "can be stopped."

You thread title is a trouser-load.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 01:25 AM   #19
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
Cheney does not "sit stunned" here is the whole thing, watch it for yourself, she gives him all kinds of room to yammer on with his BS, and even asks if the president "can be stopped."

You thread title is a trouser-load.
Title is based on link.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 02:05 AM   #20
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Title is based on link.
Whatever. It is inaccurate. You watch the whole thing, you will see Megyn Kelly let the Cheneys barf all over the screen – at one point, I think she even addresses him as "Mr. President" (which is what much of the left wing called him for at least seven years).

The whole "Reagan Kelly attacks Cheney on Fox" was little more than an attention-getting feint to get more people to chow down on Cheney's chunks.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 05:59 AM   #21
Hieveryone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekev View Post
I don't recall if his 1994 interview has been mentioned. I couldn't find the full thing unedited, but it's more than just a sound bite.
WOW! JUST WOW! I am shocked!

This guy deserves some jail time. No, he deservers a lot of jail time.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 06:24 AM   #22
VulchR
macrumors 68000

Quote:

I think we blame politicians rather than ourselves far too much. We elected them. We are responsible. IMO it's just a little too easy to elect somebody and then stand back and criticise. What have we done since Iraq that prevents this from happening again? The answer is not much, and the politicians won't do squat unless we pressure them.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:05 AM   #23
Technarchy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
In all fairness, he tried to close Guantanamo Bay. The Reds in Congress wouldn't allow it.

BL.
The DNC had the House, senate and White House and it didn't get done.

The GOP shouldn't even be a factor
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:08 AM   #24
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
The DNC had the House, senate and White House and it didn't get done.

The GOP shouldn't even be a factor
What, in the two months the Democrats had a supermajority?
Eraserhead is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:46 AM   #25
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
I have issues with the hypocritical conservative view that all our problems appeared with the Obama Administration and that The GOP is the party than can fix them for everyone. So far from reality.

The GOP
Huntn is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues