Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Is movie box working for anyone? I can select the movie quality and then watch now, but it just loads forever. It doesn't matter what movie I select either.

Thanks.

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
I've been having lots of issues lately. It now tells me that everything is unavailable and suggests I need a VPN. Tried my unblock us VPN but no luck. The one they suggest (just free) works but is too slow to be useful

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I've been having lots of issues lately. It now tells me that everything is unavailable and suggests I need a VPN. Tried my unblock us VPN but no luck. The one they suggest (just free) works but is too slow to be useful

I don't get any error messages. This is what I get.
umavyny9.jpg

It just stays like this forever.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
I'm having no issues whatsoever. Have you tried deleting and redownloading the app? Reset network settings?

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Yes I am.

That isn't the latest version. It's 2.7. But it should have updated itself once you deleted it and redownloaded it.

----------

Actually now that I look in Cydia the latest could be 3.0. I'll try and download that one.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
That isn't the latest version. It's 2.7. But it should have updated itself once you deleted it and redownloaded it.

----------

Actually now that I look in Cydia the latest could be 3.0. I'll try and download that one.

I was able to get 2.7 to work on my phone. When I get home I will try 2.7 on my rMini.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
You can always try and delete the plist file (which rebuilds itself the next time you open moviebox):

Go to folder var/mobile/Library/Preferences then delete file com.trendico.moviebox.plist

This solved a lot of my moviebox issues...

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
You can always try and delete the plist file (which rebuilds itself the next time you open moviebox):

Go to folder var/mobile/Library/Preferences then delete file com.trendico.moviebox.plist

This solved a lot of my moviebox issues...

Nice one, thanks.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Working fine as always. They did bring out a new update, make sure you are downloading from the official repo

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Working fine as always. They did bring out a new update, make sure you are downloading from the official repo

I still can't get it to work right. The movie never loads ahead of the stream. Plays a fee seconds and stops. This is happening on 50mbps. It's happening on my phone too. I'm using 3.0.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I still can't get it to work right. The movie never loads ahead of the stream. Plays a fee seconds and stops. This is happening on 50mbps. It's happening on my phone too. I'm using 3.0.
Weird but check:
1) free space on your device
2) all movies/tv?
3) I guess they might be blocking you access, check in other internet connection.

----------

What is the official repo

Check their site: http://movie-box.cc/

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Weird but check:

1) free space on your device

2) all movies/tv?

3) I guess they might be blocking you access, check in other internet connection.

----------

Check their site: http://movie-box.cc/

I do have plenty of space on both devices. I have been using Movie Box for a couple of months with no issues and the whole time has been with my phones Mobile Hotspot which is Verizon LTE.

Every movie that I have tried even tv episodes just load so slowly.

Thanks for the response.

----------

Forgot to mention that I am using 3.0 with a rMini and a 5S running 7.0.6

----------

I just started playing The Wolverine, but it plays for 4 secs and stops, then it will play for 10 secs and stop. It just keeps doing that.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I do have plenty of space on both devices. I have been using Movie Box for a couple of months with no issues and the whole time has been with my phones Mobile Hotspot which is Verizon LTE.

Every movie that I have tried even tv episodes just load so slowly.

Thanks for the response.

----------

Forgot to mention that I am using 3.0 with a rMini and a 5S running 7.0.6

----------

I just started playing The Wolverine, but it plays for 4 secs and stops, then it will play for 10 secs and stop. It just keeps doing that.

Then is prob your internet or you can also try to delete the app and reinstall.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I can stream other movies on other apps.

When I get home I'm going to install 7.1.1 and jailbreak my rMini, then try it again.

other apps are other apps that might not be blocked/down-throtled, just test it in another connection :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.