Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:49 PM   #1
eyeon
macrumors regular

synchronizing font lists/prefs in FontExplorer X

Hi,

I do quite a lot of graphics/motion design, and have recently received a 15" Powerbook to supplement my G5 at work. I, of course, immediately installed all the necessary programs and fonts onto the new machine, and have recently been familiarizing myself with FontExplorer X for font management. I suppose my question is this; how can I synchronize my preferences and font list from one machine to match the other? On one machine, inside of FontExplorer X, I have nice little smart folders for "grunge", "sans-serif", "script", etc, and really want to avoid having to manually go through my font library and change all of that on my other machine as well. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch.
eyeon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:06 PM   #2
bomeara
macrumors newbie

tried doing so with Save/Load Configuration

Hey,
I'm trying to do exactly the same thing with our PowerMacs at work. Duplicated my entire FontExplorer X library to another machine. Tried Configuration/ Save from FE X on the organized machine and Configuration/ Load on the other. It did re-create my set and smart sets scheme, but there were no fonts within these sets.
bomeara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:10 PM   #3
bomeara
macrumors newbie

FontExplorer X on multiple macs

I think I've got the answer. This is the what Linotype tech support said.

You have to copy the database too ...
Try to copy the entire folder:
[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X
bomeara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:47 PM   #4
eyeon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomeara
I think I've got the answer. This is the what Linotype tech support said.

You have to copy the database too ...
Try to copy the entire folder:
[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X
This is fantastic! I will definitely give this a try... thanks for the response, and glad you figured it out!
eyeon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics