Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quantum Man

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
New York
I have a MX1000 and am running 10.4.3 at the moment. I also have a MX500 wired mouse which works perfect, very smooth. When I use the MX1000, the mouse pointer is quite shaky when I slowly move it across my mouse pad in a straight line. The pointer shakes around a little on the screen, about the line I am moving the pointer through. I have tried resetting both the mouse itself and the charging base, no effect. I have used it both without installing Logitech Control Center and with, same problem both ways. Anybody else ever have this problem or know what I can do to fix it? FYI I have used my MX1000 with a PC no problem in the past.

TrumanApple

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2005
Quantum Man said:
I have a MX1000 and am running 10.4.3 at the moment. I also have a MX500 wired mouse which works perfect, very smooth. When I use the MX1000, the mouse pointer is quite shaky when I slowly move it across my mouse pad in a straight line. The pointer shakes around a little on the screen, about the line I am moving the pointer through. I have tried resetting both the mouse itself and the charging base, no effect. I have used it both without installing Logitech Control Center and with, same problem both ways. Anybody else ever have this problem or know what I can do to fix it? FYI I have used my MX1000 with a PC no problem in the past.

Honestly, i have had no problems with tiger and my mx1000.... sorry i cannot be of any help.

ripfrankwhite

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2005
My MX1000 is a little jumpy too. Not too bad, but for $80, it should be perfect. My Apple wireless mouse worked better. Too bad it is only one button. I love the looks and fell of the Apple mouse, but I like having a multibutton one. Compromise is a pain.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Gee, no problems with my MX 1000. Other than a freeze when I get a kernal panic but hey everything stops then. Love this mouse. Have you checked on the location of your recharger/transmitter. I found that that if mine was hidden on my desk behind or close to my Dell FP1901 that there seemed to be some interference. Maybe you should try moving it? Sorry, best I can offer. Cheers

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Move the receiver. I had issues with my cursor actually moving from one place to another randomly, and a few other odd quirks that i thought were the mouses fault until i relocated the receiver. Since i relocated my receiver i have had 0 problems.

give it a shot, and good luck :)

Ed

Quantum Man

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
New York
Interesting experiment I just tried. Moved the charger base closer to the mouse pad, had no effect. Removed the mouse pad and used the mouse on the table top, smooth as can be, no jitter. Used mouse on mouse pad and lots of jitter. It's a Belkin black mouse pad that I've been using for a long time, have no idea why it would case the mouse jitter. My table top is wood, brown color with the grain visible, not nearly as uniform as my mouse pad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.