Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Really am. What are you guys/gals looking forward to? For me it's android lollipop and the open automotive alliance to cars.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I'm keen to see what happens to the Nexus line. My wet dream is Nexus splitting into cheap or fancy-specced + big or small alternative, where the big one means I get a vanilla Android 6" phablet with a design similar to the N5. Not holding my breath for that one though, of course :D

It will also be interesting to see more of the watch thing.

All in all, pretty excited for this one!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is the expectation that the next version will be more of a major jump?

We've been expecting a major revision change when it was though Key Lime Pie was going to be it, and it turned out to be KitKat.

So I'm thinking likely it will be more incremental changes ...

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Interested in android changes and android silver/ gpe/ whatever they are going to call it now

Android wear is intriguing, though I'm still not sure I want a smartwatch :p

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Not pumped at all.

As is normal for Google, they'll introduce a half-assed concept of something not many people care about.

Android, the product I'm interested in the most, will most likely receive a tiny update, if any at all. Still no background audio support, still not centralized controls.

Then they'll talk about smartwatches and wear... could not care less about that.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I'm hoping for the announcement of Lollipop 4.5 and the Nexus 8. I'm now getting hopeful that we'll see new Nexus hardware as several GPE devices are now out of stock including the LG Pad 8.3 :)

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Not pumped at all.

As is normal for Google, they'll introduce a half-assed concept of something not many people care about.

Android, the product I'm interested in the most, will most likely receive a tiny update, if any at all. Still no background audio support, still not centralized controls.

Then they'll talk about smartwatches and wear... could not care less about that.

I couldn't agree more. The new Android will be nothing to write home about, maybe a new font or they will change the phone icon. Meanwhile ios continues to make leaps and strides with a whole host of new features

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I couldn't agree more. The new Android will be nothing to write home about, maybe a new font or they will change the phone icon. Meanwhile ios continues to make leaps and strides with a whole host of new features

Like Apple Maps and extraneous animations ..... ya ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.