Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

channi3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Hi,

I've tried to remove my windows 7 partition through the bootcamp assistant but the process hung on my rMBP. I left it running for about 4 hours and had to switch it off for transit.

Now I cannot see the windows 7 partition in disk utility, and the bootcamp assistant does not have the option to remove the partition.

I don't want to resort to full backup and reset just yet, as I'm pretty new to Mac and there is alot of personal files (especially photos and videos in iPhoto).

Can anyone suggest a way to manually format the now 'hidden' windows partition and extend the OSX to cover the full drive?

The rMBP in question is the i7 model 512GB SSD with dual graphics. I am on the latest OSX version and the windows partition is Windows 7 SP1.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hi,

I've tried to remove my windows 7 partition through the bootcamp assistant but the process hung on my rMBP. I left it running for about 4 hours and had to switch it off for transit.

Now I cannot see the windows 7 partition in disk utility, and the bootcamp assistant does not have the option to remove the partition.

I don't want to resort to full backup and reset just yet, as I'm pretty new to Mac and there is alot of personal files (especially photos and videos in iPhoto).

Can anyone suggest a way to manually format the now 'hidden' windows partition and extend the OSX to cover the full drive?

The rMBP in question is the i7 model 512GB SSD with dual graphics. I am on the latest OSX version and the windows partition is Windows 7 SP1.

Try booting to the recovery partition by holding CMD R and seeing if it shows in Disk Utility there...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.