Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I'm playing a game of theirs on my Surface RT, and it's just plain buggy. It ran better on my Galaxy Nexus a year ago, with lesser hardware. It is a timer based game (building, gaining resources, etch), and the timer doesn't go down unless you completely close out the game.

I went to their site, to tell them about it, and quickly realized I can't. They ask if it's for Xbox Live or Xbox Live Arcade, neither of which are the Surface RT. So I can't tell them about the bug, and I can't just email support because they point me to their bad support site where I can't tell them about it.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Does that scenario say more about Gameloft or about Windows RT and its developer support?

Last edited:

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
Gameloft doesn't really care about games outside of iOS in my opinion, because iOS is where they earn most of their profits. Almost nobody are willing to spend money on apps in Android and other platforms.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
Speaking of gameloft... iOS 8 betas ruined most of the ones I have.

DISCLAIMER: I know it's a beta. I'm just mentioning it.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Speaking of gameloft... iOS 8 betas ruined most of the ones I have.

DISCLAIMER: I know it's a beta. I'm just mentioning it.

Yeah this beta broke a lot of apps, whatsapp is a gamble lol and skype :) atleast tweetbot updated and its usable minus some UI glitches.

Krimsonmyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2012
Gameloft make some of the best games that are unfortunately, riddled with bugs and other crap.

Dungeon Hunter 4 has been broken on 4.4.3 devices for weeks with no comment from Gameloft or ETA on when a fix might be offered.

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
Gameloft make some of the best games that are unfortunately, riddled with bugs and other crap.

Dungeon Hunter 4 has been broken on 4.4.3 devices for weeks with no comment from Gameloft or ETA on when a fix might be offered.

I use to love the DH1-2 series until they changed the format of the game with IAP BS.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Does that scenario say more about Gameloft or about Windows RT and its developer support?

If it wasn't for the fact that there are other games on Windows RT that look better and work better, you might have something. But that isn't the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.