Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unkei

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Hello all,
I have a Wacom Intuos 4 which I have used with PS CS6, but the darn thing is huge! Has anyone here actually used Avatrons Air Stylus app for the iPad? I know that it would not be a replacement for the Wacom, but does it work at all? I obviously already have the Wacom Pressure Sensitive Stylus, so paying extra for that is not a problem. This app is supposed to work with Photoshop. Can anyone shed light on it's actual usability? Again..not expecting Wacom quality, but would like to know if it's at least worth the $20, or is this just a piece of junk? Since I already have the stylus and 2 iPads, I just need solid info on it's abilities.
Thanks,
Unkei
Well, I downloaded the app, and the answer is......it does not play well with Photoshop CS6! Just one specific instance.. if trying to use the Clone tool, you still have to physically go to the host computer in order to define the source point (option + right click) and many other PS tools work similarly. So it cannot be effectively used as a Graphic Tablet. But...to Apple iTune's credit, they say they will refund my money in 5 to 7 business days!
Alls well that ends well..Back to my Wacom tablet!
Unkei

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.