Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:04 PM   #1
smooshy
macrumors newbie

Resume?

I always used the Microsoft word resume wizard on my PC, but I have office for mac and it doesn't seem to have this feature. I don't have iwork. Any other way of doing this? I'm really just looking for the template. If there is a way to do it on Office for mac, that would be great too. Thanks!
smooshy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:27 PM   #2
thedude110
macrumors 68020

Hi smooshy -- great handle.

What version of Office are you running? I don't see Resume templates in Office 2004, but you can download 4 different templates from ridiculously long MS link.

That said, back in the day when I was actually allowed to hire people (I know, I know -- scary thought), the Word templates were universally hated by our hiring committee (granted we were all stuck up, Help Desk types). The appearance of the resume doesn't count as much as the contents of the resume, but those who gave us a non cookie cutter resume that still looked good had a leg up.

My two cents ... good luck on the job hunt -- let us know how it goes!
thedude110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:37 PM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooshy
I always used the Microsoft word resume wizard on my PC, but I have office for mac and it doesn't seem to have this feature. I don't have iwork. Any other way of doing this? I'm really just looking for the template. If there is a way to do it on Office for mac, that would be great too. Thanks!
This issue comes up on occasion. My advice is avoid Office resume templates like the plague. None of them are suitable for a professional job application. This is particularly true of entry-level jobs in Corporate America where resumes are scanned and stored in computer files. Your best bet is to buy a book or locate a website that shows you the formatting of resumes which are appropriate for your field.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store