Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
California
I'll try to go a little broader with this one to encourage participation...

ANIMALS! Wildlife, pets, farms, zoos, aquariums, pet stores, etc. Go out and make a great shot of an animal (or animals).

NEEDFX has graciously funded a prize for the 1st Place winner. Although it is normally $2, we have had a couple of rollovers from previous contests, so the prize on this contest will be $6!

---

Entries must be submitted by July 12, 2014 at 11:45 a.m. Forum Time (S/12JUL)

Voting will begin once the submission period closes and will end on July 19, 2014 at 11:45 a.m. Forum Time (V/19JUL)

Note: "Forum Time" is GMT -5. It can be found at the bottom of the page when you are NOT logged in.

---

Two|One is an attempt at having a longer, parallel photography contest in which submissions are explicitly generated for the given subject and run in 21-day cycles. Two, one... are also the numbers you mutter prior to releasing your shutter in a controlled environment setting.

Contest Rules

• One photo only per contestant.
  • Submissions are limited to original work that has not been formerly displayed in the forums.
  • Photos are to be prepared and submitted within a 14-day submission period. The thread manager will close the contest at the end of the 14 days and voting will then begin.
  • Winners are to be chosen by forum user votes.
  • Please do not cast votes before the voting period begins. Forum users will have 7 days to cast their votes. Vote responsibly -- please cast only one vote. Votes will be counted at the end of the 7-day voting period. Please respect this in order to have a fair outcome.
  • 1st place winner is to set new contest theme within 72 hours.
  • Behind the scenes shots are strongly encouraged (where applicable). One of the goals of this contest is to encourage creativity and to to share your creative process.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
BlackDog Linux

I can't believe nobody's put anything in yet, so here goes ...

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• Sam Closeup.jpg
    Sam Closeup.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Forgive me, I think I've posted this photo a couple of months ago, so disqualify if necessary.

Come on everyone, get some pictures up !!

Hugh

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I have a picturel but my internet where I am is too slow to upload it. :(

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I have a picturel but my internet where I am is too slow to upload it. :(

I will try to upload it tomorrow and probably be a bit late again:rolleyes:

Why don't you upload a small version for the moment, just so it can be voted on, then the full one when you can?

Hugh

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
this has been my idea for the past week, to be implemented with a kitten I've rescued recently and my old MBP, but I just haven't got around to it

tomorrow morning hopefully

sorry MCH

Attachments

• MR_2-1_ANIMALS.jpg
    MR_2-1_ANIMALS.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 102
  • kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 90
  • bg-page.jpg
    bg-page.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • MacBookPro_cr.jpg
    MacBookPro_cr.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 85
  • panther.jpg
    panther.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
California
Vote now!

Good stuff, everyone. Submissions are now closed.

Voting begins now and will continue until July 19, 2014 at 11:45 a.m. Forum Time. Please cast only ONE vote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.