Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexanderasher

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Strange question I know, but does anyone know where I can buy just the box for a retina 15 inch model? Or if I can get apple to send me one?

I won't go into details but basically mine got thrown away due to a miscommunication and I like keeping the boxes to expensive purchases as trophies of sorts.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Ebay, and/or Craigslist are your only options.

We have a marketplace here, but access to the Marketplace forum is allowed after being a member for 6 months and having 250 posts.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
There's a few on ebay now; just do a search: macbook pro box 2013, or macbook pro box 2012

romesk90

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2014
"Happy birthday dear, we got you... A box!"

Some buy/sell without the box ;) If you buy it without box and want to sell it later...it is better for some to have the box. Or, as you mention, as a gift...it is better to give the laptop with a box than without.

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
I thought you wanted to play a mean joke on a friend...one of my friend's sister did that, she borrowed a macbook box from a friend, and wrapped it really nicely and gave it to him. He was extremely ecstatic about it, and when he opened it...:(

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
I dont like buying boxes because the computer info is not yours. There will be another serial number written on it. That just kills the whole trophy thing for me.

You shouldn't steal trophies!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.