Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
In Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, you can select "Erase Data" after 10 failed passcode attempts. Is there a jailbreak tweak to provide more control over this settings? For example, if I want to change it to erase after 4 failed attempts or require Touch ID only after 2 failed passcode attempts

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Not that i know of. Don't know why you'd want that on anyway when jailbroken though. If one of your friends or kids got a hold of your phone, you'd end up with a non bootable device and have to restore to the latest signed iOS version.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Not that i know of. Don't know why you'd want that on anyway when jailbroken though. If one of your friends or kids got a hold of your phone, you'd end up with a non bootable device and have to restore to the latest signed iOS version.

I'd it want for security/protection reasons - especially if one of my friends got hold of my phone. I'm ok with having some inconvenience of having to restore in the event some imaginary kids of mine got a hold of my phone. :rolleyes:

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Dont think anyone has made that tweak because it would make you lose your jailbreak in the future.

I would recommend icaughtyoupro or something like that

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I doubt it would even work correctly, it'd probably just bring you into a boot loop since it should be erasing the phone the exact same way as "erase all content and reset settings" feature under reset

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Seems easy.. The 10 attempts is hard coded, it would need to be configurable to change to another number. Not sure how it would make anyone lose their jailbreak m

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
if you erase all content and settings... it puts the device in a boot loop...
The feature to erase data after 10 failed login attempts already exists. Being able to reduce the number of failed attempts to less than 10 will not change what the phone does.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
The feature to erase data after 10 failed login attempts already exists. Being able to reduce the number of failed attempts to less than 10 will not change what the phone does.

yes, the erase data feature already exists but it doesn't work on jailbroken devices because all it will do is bring you into a boot loop, or in some cases, it might not even do anything

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
yea, highly recommend disabling that feature, it does not perform correctly on JB devices, just like erase all content and settings.

Pretty sure rule #1 of JB'ing is dont press erase all content and settings, what you are asking about is the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.