Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppcfanforever1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Pennsylvania
I bought a mid 2009 macbook off ebay it works GREAT and I don't regret it. Anyways I have multiple issues tied into one and I have all of my past troubleshooting steps that failed here we go.

The macbook will only turn on if I remove the charger and battery then reattach the battery after about 10 secs. It will also boot if I reset the smc and only have the charger plug in. Another issue is the laptop will not boot off any mac osx disc, it will just keep rebooting after the drive spins up for about 10 secs. I also have random eject noises and the volume will turn up by 1 every 2 mins.

What I have tried is powering it on then removing the top case with a usb keyboard and mouse attached. It still had the disc boot reboot issue.

So what I am asking of any of you is a detailed guess of what part needs replaced if any. If anybody had a similar issue and found a temporary fix that would also be welcomed. I just want to get off of mavericks asap any help would welcomed because these graphics drivers are horrid with games. Trust me I played on a 2006 iMac at a higher fps. I can't put an older os on till my issues are fixed so thanks to all of you people ahead of time! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.