Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Glad you got it sorted out, but that's a feature many of us use to keep track of threads we've posted in. It's very helpful!

Imaginator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2014
The Cosmos
Glad you got it sorted out, but that's a feature many of us use to keep track of threads we've posted in. It's very helpful!

How nice for you. Then you can keep yours turned on. I wasn't looking for reviews, just how to turn it off. Getting multiple emails about every thread I comment in is extremely obnoxious. I can keep track of threads I've posted in by memory without the emails.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
How nice for you. Then you can keep yours turned on. I wasn't looking for reviews, just how to turn it off. Getting multiple emails about every thread I comment in is extremely obnoxious. I can keep track of threads I've posted in by memory without the emails.

He probably means that he subscribes to every thread, but with 'no email notification' so that he can go to the subscribed threads page and see which ones have new activity. That's what I do to keep track of everything. I don't get emails for anything here except for a PM.

Nov 28, 2010
located

And that is where this comes into play:
UserCP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode
MR2ss_2014_07_02_pA1_MRForums_NotficationSelection.png
But then again, not being nice is probably preferred here.

And since you only posted a few times, of course you can use your memory. But once you go beyond a certain amount of posts and threads, the Subscriptions are very helpful, even without email notification. Please try that first before coming down on others trying to help you.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As SandboxGeneral said, you can still subscribe to threads, but not get emails, which is what I do. I agree that getting email notification of every thread would be irritating. Fortunately, it's easily turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.