Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galaksy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Years ago I think I just dragged it from voice memo to playlists but I don’t think it works now?

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
With the iPhone connected to your computer, go to iTunes then select the iPhone. You'll see a choice to sync voice memos under the music tab.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 7.09.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 7.09.47 PM.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,503

galaksy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I did, but the voice memo section on the left is only showing the older voice memos and not the ones that I recorded recently.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
You recorded the new memos with the "stock" Apple Voice Memos app? And you checked the Voice Memos "playlist" in iTunes but the new ones are missing?

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Making certain that there is a check mark in the Sync Voice Memos box, backup your iPhone to iTunes using a cable. Before backing up, you must also put a check mark in the Voice Memo box under Genres on the same Music tab. After backup is complete, check to see if newer voice memos now show in iTunes. This has always worked for me.

Please post your progress.

galaksy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
“under Genres under the same music tab”

I don’t know where that is. Could you post a screenshot?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I did, but the voice memo section on the left is only showing the older voice memos and not the ones that I recorded recently.

I've had occasional issues with syncing voice memos, so I stopped doing it via iTunes. I snagged iFunBox to save them to the desktop. Those that I really need to put back on my iPhone or even iPad I drop into iTunes and reclass as an audiobook so they don't end up mixed into my music.

it's a tad convoluted but it works for me.

This screwiness is why I agree with the idea of dumping the voice memos as a separate app and putting the functions into the Notes app. They are notes after all, just audio ones.

medicapt

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2015
Can I get help with Voice Memos Please?

I used my 5S's "voice memos" app to record a lecture in class this week. I want to put the voice memos in a play list so I can listen to the lecture again, and revise my notes. I want to be able to listen to it like an audio book so I can pause it, backup 15 sec, etc.

When I sync my phone to iTunes the file transfers just fine. I see it under the music tab in iTunes. I can even add it to a playlist in iTunes. When I sync my phone the file does not sync to the playlist. The file is only found on my phone in the voice memos app.

In iTunes:

Under phone summary tab- only box checked is
(Sync only checked songs and video) and, yes the file has a check beside it under the music tab.

Under phone music tab- the following boxes are checked
(Select playlists, artists, albums, and genres)
(Include music)
(Include voice memo)
(all playlist are checked)
(audiobook, spoken word, voice memo)

What am I doing wrong?

I tried switching the genre of the file to "audiobook" but that didn't help anything.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

Epicee

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
medicapt: I was having the exact same problem tonight and just figured it out after struggling WAAAAY too long....

In iTunes, in your music list, right click on the voice memo file you want. Click "Get Info". Select "Options" tab. Change the "media kind" using the drop down menu from "Voice Memo" to "Music" (or "Audiobook" depending on how you want it filed on your phone). Then when you sync your phone, it should show up. Hope that helps!

medicapt

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2015
Thanks Epicee!

Epicee, thanks for your response. This seems to work about 90% of the time. The other 10%, well... I guess I'll have to use the work around charlituna suggested.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.