Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
So a get a call this morning at 9:03 am.when I wake up at 9:16 I see the same call is still ringing.Has this ever happened to anyone that the phone kept ringing even though the other party hung up already?

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Can't do that.my sleep/wake broken is broken

Go to settings>general>accessibiliy>assistive touch and turn on assistive touch. Then open assistive touch (the new button on the edge of the screen) and tap on device. Finally, press and hold the "lock screen" button, and slide to power off.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Go to settings>general>accessibiliy>assistive touch and turn on assistive touch. Then open assistive touch (the new button on the edge of the screen) and tap on device. Finally, press and hold the "lock screen" button, and slide to power off.

You would have to wake the device using the home button before the sliding to power off option becomes available, and then it would only be a soft reset. I find that when the phone app locks up, the device becomes unresponsive.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
You would have to wake the device using the home button before the sliding to power off option becomes available, and then it would only be a soft reset. I find that when the phone app locks up, the device becomes unresponsive.

I don't think the device was actually locked up, was it? Either way, a soft reset should clear up whatever is happening. Oh, and to turn the phone on again, OP will have to plug it in to a charger or computer because you can't turn it on with the home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.